What would you guys like?

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

What would you guys like?

Post by Xranger60 »

I would really like to know any ideas you guys have for what direction this site should move in. What else could better serve the NetLink/Dreamcast online community? All ideas are welcome. Propose anything you can think of!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
martianviking

Post by martianviking »

I would guess that the most important thing here should be to let anyone with a NetLink in their hand know that there actually are a few folks out there that also have one, and that they might actually use it.

It's a tall order, but it'll be true for quite some time, I think.
*heresy*

Post by *heresy* »

more tournaments!!

i was reading the post about a tournament..

i think there should be some kind of monthly one setup...

i know im down...

im new to this whole thing but im psyched start playing matches asap
**former xbander...
**now has saturn and netlink...
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

Blast these infernal bots!!

Anyway, since this is called the Netlink league, why not set up an actual league for site members, for Netlink and possibly DC online. I realize this would be a lot of work to organize something of this caliber, but it would be pretty sweet if it ever got going.
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I would definitely want to do something like this... matter of fact, we tried last year, but nobody really was into it. Now we've got a bunch of new members, perhaps another attempt is in order.

Last year we tried to get some people to play Quake 3 online, and the most enthusiastic supporter was Segadreamcaster, but there was no way we could work out the time differences as he would have to be up until 5-6 am :).
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Xranger60 wrote:I would definitely want to do something like this... matter of fact, we tried last year, but nobody really was into it. Now we've got a bunch of new members, perhaps another attempt is in order.

Last year we tried to get some people to play Quake 3 online, and the most enthusiastic supporter was Segadreamcaster, but there was no way we could work out the time differences as he would have to be up until 5-6 am :).
lol...yeah not easy when you take the time differences into account :( Still...feel free to arrange anything to do with the DC and I will certainly try to make it if I can :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Zandengoff

Post by Zandengoff »

I would really like a calender system similar to the dreamcast online calender system. That way we could post a game when we to play, with a link, so that when we click the link it gives us the chance to send email, pm... to setup the game. it would be a good idea to also include the location of the member. Just a thought. :)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

That's a great idea. I've been thinking of adding a calendar to set up NetLink/Dreamcast games. This way ahead of time a NetLinker/Dc'er could post when they'd like to play and see who's willing to take them on. I'll look into it, along with getting that content back (soon, soon.)
Zandengoff

Post by Zandengoff »

I was also thinking about a private list of phone numbers, something that only other members could get to, so that someone could post a game to the calender and at the specified time wait for another person to connect. It would be slow at first, but it would be the big step we need to automate the process. As opposed to just private contacting the person we want to play every time.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Yeah all sounds good...there would have to be a bit more of a restriction on the phone numbers side though (if this were to be considered)...perhaps some kind of a buddy list?
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Zandengoff

Post by Zandengoff »

its all good, just more integration in general is what is needed to really get the active members playing. just a suggestion, i think you should make the location required on registration. where you are at is really important in this kind of setup. city, state, and country
Hakaider

Post by Hakaider »

I like the buddy list idea. Maybe a hard copy would be best so that everyones numbers aren't floating around. How about this, when any member and wants to be added to the list they gotta have a head to head with other Saturn League Members, they'd have to be the one calling :wink:, sort of like a Gauntlet to get serious members to come forward, then their numbers can be added and an updated list can distributed among the other members by the administrator via emails. This could give the gung-ho members a chance to get some real gaming in. I admit this sounds silly and it could use a little work but it eliminates the hassle of exchanging numbers but a network of trusted members could make it go far. :idea: I also think requiring a city and state idea is good unless they don't have a Net Link and only post blogs on this site.
Paranoia Deep Destroya!
XL2K5

Post by XL2K5 »

- Make this website better known

- Add some kind of real-type chat to the website, so that people can exchange informations more easily to meet each others. So if you organize a tournament, you can chat with others to organize it more easily

- Try to find some alternatives to the classic long-distance direct-dial, like the Dreamcast to PC server with dial-up, for example. I'm pretty much sure it can be done with Saturn too.
Games owned :
Duke Nukem 3D
Sega Rally Championship : NetLink Edition
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On : NetLink Edition