Time for a name Change?

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Time for a name Change?

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm thinking maybe it would be best to change this site's name. Possibly to the NetLink Zone. It seems that many people might get discouraged from visiting the site if they think that you must own a netlink and play, which the NetLink League implies. What do you guys think? Please leave your comments.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Possibly I guess as the site has generally moved away from being a league and more of a general netlink site anyway...so its worth considering. I don't honestly think it will make a vast deal of difference but then again in a community as small as this a minor difference could have a large overall impact, so I really don't know what I would suggest. The downside to renaming would be the need to register another domain name...unless you already have?

Cheers, Craig
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yeah, I hadn't even thought of the need to buy a new domain as well. I suppose this one will stick for a while, as u said it wouldnt have much of a huge impact anyway.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Yeah, perhaps keep things as they are for now and change things at a later date if you feel the need to...I think for the now the important thing is you have managed to get the site stabalised so that hopefully there are no issues with hacking and data loss in the future, because I have to say I think that was quite a set back....I wonder how many of the members you had will re-join again now?
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)