Suggestions Wanted

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Suggestions Wanted

Post by Xranger60 »

Things have been a little slow lately, to say the least. I want to know everything you guys think: what could make this site more active, and a better place for people interested in Netlink, Saturn, Dreamcast, or Xband? I'm eager to hear your thoughts.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yeah...

I'm always here, but still don't got any compatible game... (mainly because my N64 collection raised XD)... so I don't post... =)

I think we need something like a schedule of games. Or at least the players talking about their experiences. If the people see the games happening they might be interested.

The content is ok. Maybe we can spread more the site... =)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hmm, what do you mean by "spread more the site?"
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Like:

hey! do you have a saturn? cool! You have a netlink!? cool!
wanna play online? cool! go to saturnleague.com and find more people to play! not just me... =)
yeah, international calls included in some cases... but who's perfect anyway? ^^'

hehe... sorry if I used the wrong word... XD
spread... disseminate... tell... share... hmm...

maybe you understood "spread" as spread the site content... if you want, I think we users can help... o.O

other thing can be the availability of ISOs of the games... a lot of users search that... piracy... you know... o.O
not really piracy in an old console? I don't know...
but that will change the site's focus...

oh..sorry about the hard time reading this... today my engRish is disturbing me...
I'm ready to play!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

My apologies- yeah I realized later on that you meant to advertise the site a little more :). I was thinking about ways we could do this- perhaps hit up major gaming boards and post? Only problem is webmasters understandably HATE this.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

hmm...

from a webmaster view, what do you think the site needs?

You wanna make reviews, screenshots, videos, all you can about saturn?

Or just a netlinkers meeting point?

=)
I'm ready to play!
grolt

Post by grolt »

I don't really think the site needs anything more. It is what it is, a good place to get education on the Saturn and NetLink, and more importantly a hub for NetLink enthusiasts to meet and play. Unfortunately that network seems to be small and inactive at the moment, but I think the more people join and the more people actually get PLAYING, then the better the site will become. Tournaments would be great, but again, we need to get people playing first.

There have been several members that I just PMed and they instantly got back to me - even if they haven't been at the site in months. Perhaps if you sent out a mass email to all the members, saying you're gunning up for a tournament, and that people should all sign in with my master list so we can pair them off, then maybe that would be the kick this site needs.

Just a thought!
That's fly.
Reps911

banners/signatures

Post by Reps911 »

I know i'm new here but why not have someone make some cool banners advertising the site for people to use. Some big to put on their web pages and some small enough for people to put in their signatures, So when they post on other games sites people may see them and become interested.... just a thought.
Reps911

banner

Post by Reps911 »

trying out one i made, kinda half arsed but just an example. simple enough. advertises the site and has an active link. I think this could work. :D

if anyone wans to use it here is the code:
[url=http://saturnleague.com/][img]http://www.geocities.com/reps911/saturnleague.JPG[/img][/url]
Just copy and past :D
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

hehe....cool!

I'll make one for me! ^^
I'm ready to play!
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Hey guys im back...lol...sorry I havent been around for the last couple of months....but I guess I am a perfect example of why this site is so slow...too few active members...too few active player...leads to people drifting off and checking back every once in a while :(

I also think there is little that can be done..I really don't know how you could make the site particularly active...aside from somehow trying to promote more more netlink game play..but this is tough due to locations and call charges... :( tough one
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
XL2K5

Post by XL2K5 »

After seeing this website I bought a netlink.
I think it's really important to promote the website and try to match people, or find a solution for long distance call, like, for example, finding a way to play by plugging the Saturn with the computer (à la Dreamcast-PC server) to dial to another player, that way we could save long-distance..... but I guess it's not that easy, but maybe someone familiar with such technologies could help
Games owned :
Duke Nukem 3D
Sega Rally Championship : NetLink Edition
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On : NetLink Edition
Hakaider

Post by Hakaider »

How about a MySpace page. There is a Sega Saturn & Dreamcast page that this site can be friends with. It would reach a more specific audience. I realize it might defeat the purpose of posting things here on this site but I think that stuff can be locked off and the page can be used just to advertise this website. Also pics of the games that can be played can be in the photos area to encourage interest in the Netlink.

I also wonder if a section of a time table with members user names, region and icons of the type of Netlink games they own might encourage members to more easily match up for online gaming. Just brainstorming. :roll:
Paranoia Deep Destroya!
KoNeko

Post by KoNeko »

I think an IRC channel (possibly a java based IRC client linked to the channel for easy access, a link to it could be on the front page) would help to keep existing active members to stay active and would provide immediate answers to questions and people to talk to right away so the site would have more of a "community" or "united" feel to it. I think it would help bring back old members and bring in new ones too!
Currently have:
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: Netlink Edition

Just PM me, IM me, or the like if you'd like to play with me, I'll respond as soon as I can!
Cobracf2

Post by Cobracf2 »

If you can make me a sega saturn netlink banner for my website I will post it maybe that could generate some hits here. The netlink though is such a dead peice of hardware there are people out there who dont even know you can call a buddy and play multiplayer over a phoneline or even still surf the web with the sega saturn. I see alot of this "does the netlink still work online" why wouldnt it work LOL its a phoneline system? The browser probably has alot troubles surfing the web these days with all the changes to the internet but direct phone dial gameplay will always be available. BY the way for those of you interested my website is dedicated to Classic Turbografx/pcengine/PC-FX so stop on in and check it out lots of good info there http://pcenginefan.blogspot.com
I have sega rally, virtual on, duke nukem all warmed up and ready to go. its been years so I am a little rusty take it easy on the old man LOL