Duke Nukem 3d out on Xbox Live Arcade

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Duke Nukem 3d out on Xbox Live Arcade

Post by Xranger60 »

Just letting you guys know: Duke Nukem 3d is out as of today! This version has, among other things, 8 player online play (DM and CO-OP), viewable player clips for every level, and some new blur effects. My early impression is that it, of course, plays real well, I'll be buying it ASAP. With this game, 2 series that were featured on NetLink, Bomberman, and Duke Nukem, are now playable on Arcade.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/912/912198p1.html IGN Review.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Cobracf2

Post by Cobracf2 »

I spit on xbox live *spitooie* my xbox collects dust out in my garage from 5 red ring of deaths since I bought the thing in june. I have boxed it up and put it away for good. I will not be buying another microsoft brand console. however im in kind of a hole now cause I dont like sony very much. so looks like it will be PC, nintendo wii and DS, and maybe a game or 2 on the ps2. also if this game makes it to the states im so there http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/ that dont even look like a DS GAME!
I have sega rally, virtual on, duke nukem all warmed up and ready to go. its been years so I am a little rusty take it easy on the old man LOL
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I tried the demo, but I decided that I won't be getting the full version. I really don't like Duke Nukem's (or the game's) sense of humor, and I'm not enjoying the game very much anyway. That, and the 3D graphics near the edges of the screen hurt my brain. I realize that it was really advanced for its time, and it contains several features that [as a programmer] I'm quite impressed with for a game of its age... but the game just isn't for me.

And yes, I'm quite excited about PSzero as well. Even if it doesn't come out in the states, I think I'm going to import it and Phantasy Star Portable.

And my Xbox 360 is about a year and a half old and it still works fine. I'm really not fond of Microsoft, but I do enjoy some of the 360's games.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
MrSunshine

Post by MrSunshine »

It's also worth noting that the reason I actually bought Duke Nukem -- Death Tank Zwei -- is coming to Xbox Live Arcade! And it supports online multiplayer! THAT is one to get!
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

hey hey! i know im a bit late to reply but im almost new here. for sure duke nukem is not for sensible minds. for its time , it was not only surprising for its graphics but also for its "humor" as described by warp2063. many adult oriented and much more violent games were made since then. the version on xbox has probably been modified and you wont see the stuff we saw in the first versions of the game. i know that it has already been made in the past due to the controversial back then. they made a game with less "humor" in it and they have cut some contents. for the xbox system , cobracf2 was not lucky with his xbox. i strongly suggest buying an xbox in a store that gives a warranty. if you have a problem , just return it. whatever system you buy or like most of the things you can buy , theres always a percentage of lemon in the lot. the xbox had a high percentage of faults but i still think that the xbox is the coolest of the new systems. i have the wii and had the ps3 and i prefer the xbox 360 by far for all its games and for xbox live. i will probably try the duke nukem with its multiplayer features. i cant wait to try it also on the netlink in coop if possible.
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

I got the Xbox arcade Duke Nukem yesterday and i must say i was impressed by the graphics and also by the multiplayer mode. The graphics are fast and are very nice. Cant compare to the Saturn version. For the multiplayer , you can play with 7 other players on Xbox live and its pretty cool. I strongly recommend it to any Duke lover.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

screw xbox360... i've had 5, yes 5 of them. all died with red rings of death and were repaired by microsoft until the last one they decided to get really shitty with me and make me pay but i told them it was their defective shitty product and that they should buy it back... i raised HOLY hell. and thats exactly what they did. i recieved a full refund for my 400 dollar xbox 360.....

NEVER again will i buy a microsoft gaming console. ive invested my money in a nintendo wii and i havn't looked back. not as much online playable games but its still fun. not to mention the homebrew scene has let you play your old snes and genesis games through emulators and such. along with a multiplayer port of the original quake...

i honestly like the older generation of games as they actually were fun and original unlike todays garbage... duke however is one of those fun games the wii lacks..... :(