Small Forum Upgrade

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Small Forum Upgrade

Post by Xranger60 »

Upgraded to the newest available version of PHP BB 2.0x series today. I know that the board will have to, at some point, move to 3.0. That time might be very soon, even this weekend. The latest 2.0 series was released over two years ago. Here are some of the things on the list:

-Move to PHPBB 3.0.
-Move away from MXBB. This is the troubling part. A lot of our community here is based around the MXBB portal. The forums are integrated within it. But it causes some problems, and some of you might have noticed some bugs (have to re-upload to have a user avatar from the Xband gallery, for one, broken "search for user" in private message function another).
-I'm wondering whether it would be best to separate the forum entirely and have more traditional/separated pages for materials like images, written guides, etc.
-The site has been essentially the same, notwithstanding forum and MXBB upgrades, for about 4 years now.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

would it be possible to put an audio/video forum into this site in the future? that would be great for all the audio/video enthusiasts like myself. then we could also give hints on what-to-dos and other things.
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Perhaps a forum dedicated specifically to A/V would be too specific. But... maybe, if you guys want it, I could create an "Everything else" forum, where anything goes, including electronics, life, whatever.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

that would be awesome. then i wouldn't have to go to other sites to talk about stuff. i can offer all the information i got on audio, video, and also make some faqs and facts.

i think this could give us room to expand and upgrade the site, that should attract more attention

Please don't double post... Xranger.
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

May I ask, when this 3.0 thing arrives, it will be possible to post from the Net Link?
.-.
It was possible some time ago...
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D