Xband 2.0 Beta 4 Release

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Xband 2.0 Beta 4 Release

Post by Xranger60 »

Team LagunaKrazy has released the newest update of their Xband 2.0 service beta. The biggest change- gaming is now supported! The team has been hard at work ironing out bugs, and I can confirm that the multiplayer matching is working well. This release features Super Mario Kart and NBA Jam gameplay built-in, so no need to worry about retrieving other downloads. Go ahead- grab a gamepad and let's play!

Changes from Beta 2 to Beta 4 (Beta 3 was not released publicly)
-Multiplayer gaming!
-Taunt screen implemented for before the match-see who your opponent is
-Xmail fixes
-Player list fixes
-Taunt and profiles added, player list feature added

Some notes on the release: This is very important. Port forwarding needs to be setup for the matching to work properly. Please head to your router configuration and open port 7845 for TCP. Do not forward UDP; there is no need. Just TCP.. If you are unsure how to do this, check out the port forwarding guides for instructions on how to do this tailored to your router. Scroll down the page and click on your router. Then click "skip advertisement." You do not have to pay for anything on the site. The process usually does not take more than a couple minutes.

To configure your game pad controls, open up the Xband/ZSNES folder, and click on ZSNESW.exe. Click the "config" menu, click "Input 1", and configure your controls. Do this before you start Xband, so that your controls are ready before game time.

Please let us know how the service functions for you. Bug testing is very important at this state. Post bugs and discuss the beta here, and bug reports can also be sent by addressing an X-mail to "Xband".

Without futher ado, here is the download. Happy Xbanding!
Last edited by Xranger60 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
nathanallan

Post by nathanallan »

Sweet! Though that link for the port forwarding instructions tried to charge me for the instructions.

I googled my model and make and got it that way. Sorry to step on toes if that was a sponsor. I am also a CAG.

Nathan

/edit so people know where I got mine, here is the link (not sure if they will have yours, though):

http://www.zultrax.com/forward-port/2wire-1701hg.htm
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hey Nathan, actually, no need to worry about stepping on toes, we have no connection with those guys, lol. There's no need to pay though... if you scroll down, there's a router list there. Pick the router, and select "skip advertisement" at the very top right, and it gives you the instructions. Come into the midnight lounge and join us for chat.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.