Xband Revival!

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Xband Revival!

Post by Xranger60 »

I want to know what you guys think. Recently I've heard of a small project somebody is conducting to try to revive the Xband, for the SNES. He has spent his time learning much about the SNES modem, so that is what he is working with right now. I figure any work like this is tremendous.

Now this guy would need help. He would need people to help do some research, people to contact former Xband employees for technical knowhow, and other stuff like that. He's gotten to the point of writing a test server, to see how it might work. That is big.

This is where this site could potentially come in. I could add another forum on here, as well. Maybe a section in downloads where they could upload SNES cart images they've dumped as well. What do you guys think?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

:D :) :o :shock: DAMN GOOD NEWS!!!
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Good news indeed, but what do you think of me adding a forum for it on the site?
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

Xranger60 wrote:Good news indeed, but what do you think of me adding a forum for it on the site?
It would blend nicely, plus, you know who would keep it active ;)
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

did you ask about this before? I thought you had....anyway, whatever, yeah don't see what not it is very closely related to the netlink and would surely be a great place for old xband users to discover the netlink if they hadn't already...I vote yes

Interesting news btw :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yup, before I realized that there was some potential for reviving Xband, I was thinking of making an Xband forums for people to just stay in touch. But now the forum would be for both uses.
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Sounds like a good idea, and it makes sense that a site dedicated to NetLink and online DC have an XBand section aswell. From what I've seen, a lot of these guys are serious about reconnecting. So giving them another place to keep in touch...and keep eachother informed about the status of this revival project is mighty decent of you :) .