Saturn Game Exchange

All NetLink League news and announcements go in here (Reply only-no new posts).
Xranger60
Site Admin

Saturn Game Exchange

Post by Xranger60 »

I don't know if you guys knew about this, but with the NetLink, you can send emails with Saturn Savegames attached to them from the internal memory. So now I'm thinking of setting up a Savegame exchange here, for anyone who's interested. What do you think?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

I think it's a great idea. I remember Planet Web used to run something like this a while ago. It was pretty cool to see some Virtual On replays, or to check out someones best times in rally. If you've got the space I say it's a pretty sweet idea.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Haha space would be no problem. Let's say I'll never be able to fill it all up :)
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Yeah why not, probably not something I would use, not at present anyway, but the more services you offer the more likely people will stick around and become active members :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

It probably won't be used too much at first, but I'm sure as time goes on more and more people would want to see what savegames are offered here. Wish planetweb's was still up.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I think thats a really good idea. I mean it will be a cool service! I dont know how but I would like to help you setting this up. Ive got a crapload of Saturn games (sadly no netlink compatible ones :oops:) so I would help you with some savegames. (But you need me how I can do that thx ^^)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Isaac [GER] on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I was not aware of this. Sounds cool. Is it done through the PlanetWeb Browser?

Make sure if they get posted that they're labeled as to what region the game is from.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I didnt know about this either until I saw this thread. Would like to know if its still possible.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

So, first we need to find an email sending server that allows email to be sent trough the PlanetWeb.

Here's the topic:
Emailing through NetLink
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

does inbox.com work?
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
RA7ICU5

wow

Post by RA7ICU5 »

that sounds so awesome!!! i will be down for it once i get my netlink :) but are u able to make or upgrade the internal storage? i put a new battery in my system but i think it wouldbe kinda hard to use the memory card with the netlink at the same time lol
I will have a netlink soon :D
Rogue

Re: wow

Post by Rogue »

RA7ICU5 wrote:that sounds so awesome!!! i will be down for it once i get my netlink :) but are u able to make or upgrade the internal storage? i put a new battery in my system but i think it wouldbe kinda hard to use the memory card with the netlink at the same time lol
The option available is to attach any file present in the internal memory to an email.

And with the incoming emails, you download the attachment to the internal memory.

In my opinion, there's no need to "change" the size of the memory. The files traded are save files.

Well, you can often try to be extreme and wish to download all the save files in one go. But that's a bit... ?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't think you CAN change the size of the memory in your Saturn. At least not without modifying the BIOS as well. That's just a guess, though, with no supporting effort. I'm guessing that it's too difficult to be worth it.

Do make sure that you have a good battery in there, though. CR2032.

Once you have the file saved (downloaded) to your Saturn's internal memory, then you can turn the system off and swap the NetLink for the memory card. Then, if you wish, you can copy or move the file from the Saturn to the memory card. Same process in reverse for sending.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
alpha&omega

Re: Saturn Game Exchange

Post by alpha&omega »

Read my thread about using the Saturn USB Datalink device for emailing and downloading saves to the Saturn. It think it's the best way to exchange save files now since you can't really use the Netlink to email files anymore.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=866&p=7691#p7691
Got Netlink?