Red Dead Redemption

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Red Dead Redemption

Post by Xranger60 »

I picked up this game last week, and so far, I've liked it. The online gameplay seems to be mostly well done, although not without a few bugs, and the single player is easy to be drawn into. Do you guys feel that it lives up to the hype?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I usually wait for games to be in the $30 or less price range before buying them. I am really interested in this game though. My internet friend was raving about it and the cool online modes. If I had some disposable income I'd definitely pick this up.
Game collection on my site.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

The "Free Roam" mode is a pretty sweet way to just get some friends together in a group and do some objectives, or raise some havoc in general.

The other gameplay modes are basically variants of team deathmatch and capture the flag, in addition to solo deathmatch. Nothing that will blow your mind, but well done nonetheless.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've heard great things, and I believe it would be a fun game to play. However, there are too many other things that I'm into right now. And even if I did pick it up, I think I would have a problem with the open world... as much as I love the idea of free roaming everywhere, it's a bit overwhelming for me.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, I finally finished the game. Everything seems to be very well done, except the ending. It just feels kinda "unfinished". That guy dies, the other one wants revenge, the other guy dies > ENDING I really didnt like GTA IV 's multiplayer, but RDR's multiplayer is really awesome! Also, the limited edition is just bullshit. Why the F*** do I need to download the soundtrack?
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Soundtrack?

I guess Germany's limited edition is different from the US's limited edition...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Seriously? I got the soundtrack download code, all of the bonuses and... well thats it :(
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

In the US, I think the limited edition came with a bonus costume or something. And that was it. The limited edition was the same price as the normal one, however... it was just nearly impossible to get without pre-ordering it.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Im really glad I pre-ordered mine 5 months ago ;D
lazyhoboguy

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I have heard this is really fun, but I am a cheapo and am waiting for a significant price drop.
ps2onlinegaming.com (Site for scheduling PS2 online and PS2 LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) matches)

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy