E3 2010

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

E3 2010

Post by Xranger60 »

For those of you following E3 through the various news outlets, what's left an impression so far? Is there anything particularly exciting to you? Leave any feedback here!

For me, yesterday's announcement concerning the new look Xbox 360 was nice, along with the branding of "Kinect" (formerly Natal) for Microsoft. An MGS for Xbox rounded it out.

Today I noticed that there will be a new Mortal Kombat, which brings some childhood nostalgia to the fore. One thing the NetLink was really missing was a good fighting game.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Manji

Post by Manji »

i have to say Nintendo's line-up and a few other games has me really excited. the Goldeneye remake with online multiplayer, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid other M, some of those 3DS games too. im not much of a handheld gamer unfortunately but the games looked pretty nice, like Metal Gear or Resident Evil. any classic game will always get my interest.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Call me a nerd, but Im actually waiting for more information on Blizzards new World of Warcraft expansion. Cant wait to get my hands on this lovely new "game". Also I want more infos on Diablo 3, damn I've been waiting for this game for so long. Still playing Diablo 2 though...
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm excited for most of Nintendo's lineup, as well as a part of Sony's. Microsoft... not really. I'll buy any new Metal Gear games, and all of my Guitar Hero and Rock Band games are on my 360...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I hadn't seen the goldeneye announcement, but when the game comes out, it will likely seal the deal on a decision to buy Wii for me. I remember that there were similar plans to bring goldeneye to XBLA, which unfortunately fell through. Thrilled to see the remake finally happening, although I did a doubletake, as the trailer makes the remake look like it's being released on a Gamecube circa 2002.

The 3DS really looks like a great system, and this will be an easy buying decision, thanks to the fact that it is backwards compatible with DS titles. Sweet. Oh, Resident Evil? I hope this works out well. As for Resident Evil on portables, does anyone remember the PSP RE announcement made last year? That has the rotting stench of vaporware one year later.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

When I heard about RE Portable, I was just stunned. Seriously? Resident Evil on PSP? I mean Deadly Silence was a big pile of sh*t. But this... Its even more absurd. Playing a fast paced game on my PSP-1000, no thanks. Also, why did MS rename Project Natal? Kinect? Who came up with that? C'mon Natal was a good name, still wont buy it though.

I still hope Nintendo unveils "Wii Achievements, Wiichievements" someday. That would be soooo sweet ;D
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I was most excited for Invisimals on the PSP. Been waiting for it to come out here for years. Also I was excited to see the new Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Country Returns.
Game collection on my site.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm excited to see any PSP news of any kind. The PSP has been on the backburner for a few years now and I would love for it to have more high profile games. I've already been disappointed that the once amazing homebrew scene for it has slowed to a crawl. Will always be one of my favorite mobile devices ever.