Halo Reach

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Halo Reach

Post by Xranger60 »

So it's out, and looking great. Gamespot and IGN have both given 9.5's. I was wary of picking up Halo 3 since it didn't seem different enough from Halo 2, and I passed over ODST (though still might pick it up for the single player mode at some point). I loved Halo 1 though. I think part of the magic was how fresh it was for a console shooter. Convincing FPS packages had been a mainstay on the PC, so there wasn't anything revolutionary about Halo. But the quality of the presentation and multiplayer LAN capabilities were so exciting.

Since this is the last Halo Bungie will be working on, I feel compelled to buy it.

EDIT: Wasn't even thinking with regards to the title.
Last edited by Xranger60 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

You mean HALO Reach? That's the last one that Bungie is working on. HALO 3 is pretty old at this point.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I wouldn't go by any of the reviews. Microsoft took the reviewers out to a two day retreat to let them play the main game one day then the multiplayer the next. Conflicting interests and such.

But I'm sure it's a strong game. I'm just not the type of dude that plays new games. $60 bones is to dang much.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't care enough about HALO at this point to pick it up just because it's HALO. ODST was the last one that I did that for. Unless I have a more compelling reason, I don't plan to pick up Reach soon. Too many other things coming out this season that I won't have time for.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!