Thanks JerryTerrifying!

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Thanks JerryTerrifying!

Post by Krazystyle83 »

It truly was an epic 8 hours of our lives. ROFL. A terrible image from Saturday night.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

omg! desert bus!!!! i thought no one else knew about this.....
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Tell me more! :D
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

LOL! Did you see that video because of cracked.com?

A few weeks ago Sean Baby did an atricle on games to insane to be released. In the number one spot was Desert Bus and he used my video review of the game. In less than 24 hours I got 100K views on it.

I wish he linked to my 2 hour long video that I uploaded. But the video review does link to a torrent for the ISO.
Game collection on my site.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

*Start of hour long rant*
Well, it ended up being a really hilarious story. Basically, I'd had the Penn and Teller game ISO around one of my servers for a while, but never gave it a shot. I remember finding it on one of those never released / partially released sega game sites. About 2 weeks ago my best friend called me , and was incoherently raving about Desert Bus. Not understanding anything he was talking about I youtubed it and came across your review. Cut back to last Saturday, my friend was moving to Marinette, so we decided to have an epic going away party. We closed out a local bar, and decided that the only honorable thing to do was force everyone to keep drinking and play a game from what we call the ''Honor Bin''.

The honor bin stems from us working at a local game store, and at the time, the owner (who knew nothing about video games) would end up stocking our shelves with shovelware. Most notably, we were all fascinated with this game called Super Bubble Pop for Gamecube. The back of the box proudly touts a 3 song soundtrack as one its features. We kept talking about how the game would never sell, and constantly made fun of it, etc...

The day finally came when a customer picked the game up off the shelf and brought it up to the counter. For some reason, I just couldn't let the game go. I talked the girl out of buying the game, and into something else. When she left the store, I put it back on the shelf, in its now 'sacred' spot. The new rule of the store was that if someone actually tried to buy the game under no circumstances would you sell it.

We ended up buying every terrible game that came through the store and started what we called the honor bin. Games like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen liscensed to drive... ETC. We never did pick up bubble pop until the grim final day the store was open. We had to leave everything there for the bank to pick up. I went down to hand in my keys, and in a final walk around the store, I grabbed it, it only seemed right.

Anyways, we were going to actually open bubble pop up finally, as my friend who was moving I met working at that store. But the person who is the keeper of all of our sacred titles was not in attendance.

We ended up making due with Desert Bus.