TES V Skyrim, anyone else get it

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
JerryTerrifying

TES V Skyrim, anyone else get it

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Rented Skyrim from a RedBox and have been having a great time with it. I'm renting it because I know next year there'll be a GOTY version with all the major DLC on the disc for $30 so buying it now isn't exactly the best investment. The game is still amazing though and I wanted to check it out and get a good start.
Game collection on my site.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Re: TES V Skyrim, anyone else get it

Post by Xranger60 »

I know I'll end up with this game at some point, but right now I'm really into BF3. I've enjoyed many games in the BF series since BF1942 came out. BF3 is no exception.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm in several boats at once:
-The "I'm a poor college student" boat. I really shouldn't spend money on stuff I don't need. This hasn't stopped me before, but...
-The "I'm a college student, I can't afford the time sink" boat. Again, hasn't really stopped me before...
-The "I tried Morrowind once, and wasn't a fan" boat. I've heard from numerous sources that I would like Oblivion... but I dunno. I think I have a problem with things that are too open world. That and I have to obsessive-compulsively pick up everything that isn't nailed down.
-The "I HAVE SO MANY OTHER GAMES TO PLAY" boat. This has been a problem for me for quite a few years.

So... yup. That's my situation.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I understand the money thing for sure dude. I'm way past broke. I've got negative money out the ass :D And yeah man school is way more important.

Morrowind plays WAY differently from TES IV and TES V though. I can understand not liking the combat in Morrowind...it sucks until you level up your guy enough to actually hit things. Oblivion and Skyrim are much more straight forward with their combat. Skyrim is pretty polished.

I actually recommend Red Box...those kiosk rental things you see at Mc Donalds, Wal Mart and other grocery stores. $2 a day and they don't charge you till the second day it's out at 9pm. So strategically if you rent it just after 9pm and return it the second day just before 9pm it'll only charge you $2 plus sales tax in your state. So I had Sonic Generations out for basically four days and was only charged $6 and it was enough time to beat the game and unlock like 75% of the stuff in the game.

With Skyrim 4 days wasn't a lot of time...just enough to start the story and wander off to the wizard school and finish all those missions...but I have a good feel for the game and can't wait to get that GOTY in about a year or so. :D
Game collection on my site.