Your recent pickups

There's a lot going on in gaming today, discuss all things gaming here.
NWA

Your recent pickups

Post by NWA »

Hey guys, I figured I'd make a topic for people to drop by and say what games they've recently bought. The forum has a topic along the lines of this, but It's basically dead and I was the last one to post on it last year. I thought if I'd make a new topic on it people would see it since its in the first page of topics. Anyways, if you bought something you'd like to tell us about, this is the place :P I'll start by telling one of my recent purchases; I bought a bundle of saturn stuff from someone, I got the official us backup cartridge, Panzer dragoon (missing manual), and VF Kids complete all for 65 dollars shipped :P
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Your recent pickups

Post by Warp2063 »

Since this is posted under Gaming and not Saturn, I'm going to assume that it's not Saturn-exclusive.

My most recent game purchases (that I can remember) have been Fire Emblem Awakening and Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan for the 3DS, and Little Inferno and Antichamber on the PC.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I just picked up Bomberman B Daman for the SuFami, Donkey Kong for the Gameboy (had to put in a new battery) Out Run 2 for the Xbox. I also obtained Phantasy Star Portable 2. Warp would you be interested in playing some PSP2? I'm trying to find people that are down and I believe you've got a copy.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Own it? Yes. Have had the time to play it? No.

If I know that it's definitely going to be a thing, I can invest some time in it to get up to speed. I should wait a few weeks, though... I have two more weeks of this semester, then finals.

I love my Super Famicom. It's a beautiful system. Favorite game - Gundam Wing: Endless Duel. I wish the plastic hadn't yellowed, but I haven't been willing to risk my only Super Famicom to try to reverse the process.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Yeah man my SNES is yellowed pretty bad and the Super Famicom does look way better than the US SNES. I'm actually looking to pick up a Famicom at some point. I've got this stack of Fami Carts and nothing to play them on. I don't particularly want to get a million copies of Gyromite to find one of those adapters. I've already checked four copies of that game without any luck so far. And I think a Famicom would look really nice on my shelves.

Yeah man I definitely want to experience some online Phantasy Star action. It's been a real challenge finding people that have it, are willing to play and able to play.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've been really curious about PSP2 lately - I've heard of people (at least in Japan) playing it on the Vita (seen it on top seller lists). I wonder if it's out over here, too, and if there are any updates for it. I can't afford a Vita, though... not as poor as I am right now, and not with Sony's refusing to drop the US price. Even if I could get one... there are only a very few games that I kind of want for it, most of which I already own on - or can purchase for - other systems. I'm not happy with how gigantic it is, either... *shrugs*
JerryTerrifying

I haven't held a Vita yet but I don't mind a bigger handheld system. Whenever I go anywhere where I would feasibly play a handheld I generally take a backpack. So there's no issues with pocket space generally. I believe Phantasy Star Online 2 which is what I believe you're talking about (PSP2 being Phantasy Star Portable 2) has a subscription based model. I may be mistaken but I think I've heard it's pay to play. I did look up a few videos of PSO2 and it does look really nice but I refuse to pay a subscription to play a game.

PSP2 is free to play so there's a point in favor right there. I just finished the story mode for PSP1 and am ready to start up some PSP2 action. So when ever you're ready I'm down for some PSP2 co ops.
NWA

Post by NWA »

I just snagged Space Channel 5 sealed! It was 20 bucks. I opened it though, I couldnt help myself :P I also picked up South Park: Chef's love shack for 10, a couple of snes boxes; Ys 3 and SpaceInvaders, both for 10, and The biggest of them all, Shining Force III :P Got it complete for 120 bucks, the guy wanted 150 originally. I decided to pay ebay price because it was local and I knew I wasn't gonna find it in the wild again, especially for so cheap (If I would be lucky to find it again it would probably be in some shitty game store with a price tag that would make you shake your head) It's complete and in gem mint condition, now I just need a new saturn motherboard to continue playing.
NWA

Post by NWA »

JerryTerrifying, If you want I have a famicom to NES adapter. I can send it to you when I get the chance, no fee :P let me know.
JerryTerrifying

I shot you a PM NWA. I am very interested.
NWA

Post by NWA »

I just recently got sonic adventue (dc) for 25 and a performance memory card for the dc for 15. I paid way too much for thr memory card but it was the only one I could find locally :/
JerryTerrifying

Some one just gave me some sweet gun shells for my Wii motes. Can't wait to test them out with House of the Dead 2 and 3.
JerryTerrifying

Some one that listens to my podcast lives in my area. We met up and went to some game stores. First place I found a copy of Devil May Cry for $2 which was hard to say no to as I've been curious about the series for a while now. The second place had a copy of Mario Bros fro the Atari 2600 for $10.
JerryTerrifying

Just got a box from a friend. Had a Saturn Lightgun that I've been dying to get my hands on for an eternity now. A copy of Prinny Can I really be the Hero? and a copy of Final Fantasy III on the SNES. The Copy of FF3 was giving him trouble...I think it's just a battery that needs replaced so I'm about to do just that and see if that does the trick.
Haut D. Forme

Post by Haut D. Forme »

I haven't picked anything retro up in a while (Unless you count the 3DS VC release of Summer Carnival '92 Recca), but I have some pre-orders down for Wii U games. The next one is Wind Waker HD on Friday, followed by Sonic Lost World.
The Composer is still dead