20%
HP WebOS
No votes

Total votes: 5

Xranger60
Site Admin

Smartphone OS

Post by Xranger60 »

I've just ordered an Android phone, but I feel like I would've done well with either IOS or Android. Since I already have an Ipod, I went with Android.

I previously had a Symbian phone. While there's a decent amount of apps, it doesn't have anywhere near the number of quality apps that the IOS app store does.

Why did you make your choice?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Smartphone OS

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't really have a smartphone, although my cell phone does look like a cheap knockoff of an older Blackberry. I do, however, frequently use my iPod touch for... just about everything mobile. So... I voted iOS.

I've looked into getting something Android, and I think I could like it... but right now, affording a smartphone just isn't feasible.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm on the cheaper data plan through ATT... 200mb for $15. Since that's such a measly number, I disable data when on the go, unless I need to check an email or feel like browsing a bit. Android has a nice option called "enable mobile data" that ensures that you'll never use your network data if you don't want to.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

I went with a New Nokia N8 with Symbian^3

I know that Nokia Smartphones are not all that readily available in the states so I am probably in the minority here.

My main reasons for getting the N8 are, Battery life, Camera and Price. Although the UI isn't the greatest on Symbian, there are some very nice updates on the way and what with it being the best camera phone on the market right now and the fact that it has excellent battery life and a decent price, it was a good choice for me.
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

segadreamcaster wrote:I went with a New Nokia N8 with Symbian^3

I know that Nokia Smartphones are not all that readily available in the states so I am probably in the minority here.

My main reasons for getting the N8 are, Battery life, Camera and Price. Although the UI isn't the greatest on Symbian, there are some very nice updates on the way and what with it being the best camera phone on the market right now and the fact that it has excellent battery life and a decent price, it was a good choice for me.
My last phone was a Nokia E71x. I really enjoyed it. Symbian just never caught on here, but it's definitely a full featured smartphone OS. My only wish was that more developers would work on it, but there's still plenty of quality apps available, like Opera mini and Opera mobile.