what if?

Talk about anything and everything.
segasaturndude

what if?

Post by segasaturndude »

I had the idea of starting a company, that could bring old systems like the genesis or sega saturn back into production, that has the molds for the case, and other perepherals, and software? any thoughts ideas?, if you have anything that you wanted to bring back into production for games maybey this can become a reality ^_^ , if anything i would bring the genesis, and the sega cd back into production
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: what if?

Post by Warp2063 »

There's quite a bit of start-up cost that would be involved (factory, workers, materials, molds, marketing, etc.), and you'd either have to get the licenses from the parent companies, or live in and manufacture them in a country where it would be tough to prosecute you for copyright and patent infringement.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

i would get licenses
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

What's the difference between what you're talking about and clone systems outside of using the original case designs? Sega has also licensed certain things like that hand held genesis that came out a few years ago...that's officially licensed by Sega and has like 20 games built in. I'd like to see now Sega CDs being made though. I'd sure as hell buy one.
Game collection on my site.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

thats what i had in mind is make all three again, the Sega 32X addon, the Sega CD, and Sega genesis, or possibly even release a Sega Neptune which is a genesis, and 32X combined, and just make a cd add on for it
Rockman1974

Post by Rockman1974 »

I always dreamed of some kind I'd Master System 2 that actually lived up to that name by combining the 32X, Genesis and CD all into one device. The Neptune came close, but not close enough. Make something like that, and every retro gamer around would love you forever.