Bulky snes/gen/nes etc. how I reduce the space they take up

Talk about anything and everything.
NWA

Bulky snes/gen/nes etc. how I reduce the space they take up

Post by NWA »

Hey everyone,

this is how I reduce how much space my huge ac adapters take up:

I take a model 2 genesis power supply, strip the end and attach a snes end input on the exposed wires. By doing this im only using 1 ac adapter for 2 systems :D

If you want you could also use one of these (picture below):

I have one but lent it to a friend. This is where I have a question for u people:

The nes power supply runs at the exact same voltage as the 3 in 1 ac adapter: 9v 850Ma, and it runs super nes games perfect. Because of this Im 95 percent sure a nes ac adapter could run a super nes. can anyone confirm this???

p.s: your ac adapters should be in the correct voltage range to run your systems, and make sure you know your polarity! And dont kill yourself!
Attachments
snesgennesac.jpg
snesgennesac.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Bulky snes/gen/nes etc. how I reduce the space they take

Post by Warp2063 »

I think I remember hearing someone say that it was possible, but I also seem to remember reading that the NES power adapter outputs AC power directly to the system. :/
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

I'm gonna have to hunt down an nes!!!! I would buy one from my game store but they sell them for 40 dollars (:(
Better run home to momma now!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

$40 is about the going price for an NES right now. If it's got a new 72 pin connector you might consider it. And if your'e a regular customer there try talking him down a few bucks! Never hurts to ask.
Game collection on my site.