Movies that you could never forget

Talk about anything and everything.
NWA

Movies that you could never forget

Post by NWA »

Hey everyone,

just thought it would be cool to put up this topic because I know that there are just some movies that you could never forget; Whether because you liked them hate them or remember being hyped to see. I'm really interested on what everyone has to say :D
Better run home to momma now!
JerryTerrifying

Re: Movies that you could never forget

Post by JerryTerrifying »

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is one of the greatest movies ever made. Not every one will enjoy it but for those who do you'll absolutely love it.
Game collection on my site.
NWA

Post by NWA »

I'll look for it online to watch it :D A movie I could NEVER forget is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I first watched it when I was a little kid but didn't really get any of the adult humour n stuff but now that I go back to watch it I've enjoyed it much more because my knowledge on mature humour is better XD
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well... I LOVE the Back to the Future trilogy. Classic 80's-style American films. I also have The Last Starfighter on my mind at the moment... I should watch it again. :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

the back to the future movies are good......just dont try the nes games XD never heard of starfighter so i'll look into it
JerryTerrifying

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is on Netflix so if you've got a NF account watch it!

I watched Back to the Future 1 and 2 so many times when I was a kid. Same with the Last Star Fighter.

Big Trouble in Little China is another one I've always loved. I enjoy cheesey adventure movies.
JerryTerrifying

There are two horror movies that I quite literally couldn't forget. I saw both as a kid but didn't know the names but thanks to google I was able to track them down. The first phrase I googled was "Invisible tiger eats kids mom" and "Woman gets raped by tree" Those were two shorts from an anthology horror film called Tales that Witness Madness. Which you can only find on VHS but was recently just added to Netflix instant streaming. The version on Netflix is still in 4:3 so it's probably based on the same master as the VHS.

The other phrase I googled was "Kid kills monster with model rocket" which lead me to a movie called The Gate. Which was also added to Netflix quite some time ago. The Gate is pretty damn amazing. They unleash demons by playing rock n roll records and use the liner notes from the album to learn some black magic to send the demons back to hell....with a model rocket.

Check them both out, 4 stars.
sophmod

Post by sophmod »

Well im a little late to the party for submitting my opinion, but id have to say "Tucker And Dale VS. Evil" is a movie ill never forget, at least for obscure titles. Its about to hilbilly's what want a vacation and some college students in the area think they are the guys from Deliverance, its quite a funny movie. But other than that my favourite movie is SLC punk
jimmyp

Post by jimmyp »

SLC punk rulessssss, and I also am a fan of the Back to the future trilogy... as a kid in the 90's i was totally down with having a hoverboard AT LEAST by 2015 not to mention the food hydrator, put in a tiny pizza and in a few seconds BAM, LARGE PIZZA.
http://youtu.be/s9U2ekOVL5Q

also going to add these to yr research:
donnie darko
clerks
lost in translation
adventures in babysitting
surf ninjas
space jam
gummo
empire strikes back
weekend at bernies
anddddddd
D2:the mighty ducks
sophmod

Post by sophmod »

Dude i dont like disney, but D2 is the shit. and of course clerks, and Weekend at bernies. but heres one you should add to that list, "Uncle Buck" John Candy at his finest
jimmyp

Post by jimmyp »

lolol uncle buck is classic, though for some reason when discussing john candy my mind goes straight to home alone, which i find very odd.

which brings me to:
HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK
JerryTerrifying

Holy crap. Gummo....are you just a fan of that director or are you from Ohio? I live about 25 minutes north of Xenia Ohio. :D Which while full of Gummo rednecks isn't quite as bad as that movie would lead you to believe. And the film is quite obviously not filmed in Ohio because no one has that accent and there aren't any foothills like you see in the background.
NWA

Post by NWA »

I found gummo was fucked up XD. its just all over the place. A movie that I LOVE was filmed in 1994 in new york; It's called kids. It's a story of teens in newyork that dont give a fuck and only care about "bitches", sex and money..... Until aids teaches them a lesson
jimmyp

Post by jimmyp »

yeah I'm a huge fan of harmony korine, kids is also a great film.
if you thought gummo was fucked, you should check out "julien donkey boy" or "ken park" both are from the same director and are equally, if not more unusual...

also his next film should be pretty interesting to say the least,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2101441/
NWA

Post by NWA »

lol i cant wait to see that movie! kids structured my attitude and personality in many ways XD, i loved the music!