Talk about anything and everything.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Just to say hi!!

Looks like the Netlinkers are busy since there aren't posts in this new year, yet.

Well, I believe that 2013 will be a great year for the Netlinkers here! I look forward for a lot of matches and cool news about this awesome technology!

Bye!

*Feel free to PM if you are looking for a match!
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Xranger60
Site Admin

Re: 2013

Post by Xranger60 »

Happy New Year!

It's so hard to believe that this site is now over six years old. My hope for 2013 is that more people participate and make this a more active community. I think it's time that the NetLink had a proper website, too. I can't say when that will happen, but I would like to do it.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
NekoCahlan

Post by NekoCahlan »

I just got my NetLink, and also convinced my friend to buy a Saturn off ebay and get one as well! Hopefully he plays it enough, but knowing him it may be like once a year kind of thing.
I have all of the Netlink games.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

It's hard to convince buddies to get NetLinks. I pushed my best friend to get one about 6 years ago, and came close, but he ultimately decided not to. It's a tough sell to make when the other person has never owned a Saturn.
NekoCahlan

Post by NekoCahlan »

He seems cool with it. He bid on a Saturn on ebay and bought a few games already.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Cool!

If he don't already know it, show your friend the offline Daytona USA (the first one please, not the CC Edition) and Sega Rally. You can show in the arcades too, it's really nice to play Daytona with 8 people.

It's easy to love a Sega arcade racer, the music is awesome! So, liking these kind of games is a nice step in getting a NetLink, I believe. (Show Outrun 2 too! Everyone should know that game!)

The other games are more specific, IMO. Only a true fan would like to play Duke Nukem 3D in a Saturn controller. Virtual ON appeals more to people who likes japanese stuff like mecha animes, etc. And Bomberman, I really don't know. I'm not a fan and don't like to play it, but I know that some people like it and I still tell the people to try it. Even if they buy a NetLink just to play Bomberman, I will be happy.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NekoCahlan

Post by NekoCahlan »

I love Duke Nukem actually. I played it tons back on PS1 when I was little, and Im the only person I know who actually LIKES Duke Nukem Forever lol... Call me a die hard fan! Either way, I always seem to like the crappy shunned games and usually shy away from popular titles. Oh well~
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

NekoCahlan wrote:I love Duke Nukem actually. I played it tons back on PS1 when I was little, and Im the only person I know who actually LIKES Duke Nukem Forever lol... Call me a die hard fan! Either way, I always seem to like the crappy shunned games and usually shy away from popular titles. Oh well~
I think the Saturn version is great, too. It's amazing to play an FPS game over modem on a 90's console. Scoring Duke Nukem on NetLink was a big win for Sega. Sure, it's not the same as the PC version, but what other (contemporary) console version actually supports online play?!

A couple of years ago I bought Duke Nukem 3d on Live Arcade and played some matches with it. It was also the first time I'd gone through the entire single player campaign.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sorry for my long period of inactivity - the site logged me out months and months ago and I couldn't remember my password. After that, I poked by periodically to see what was up; I just couldn't post.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I recently converted all my friends into Bomberman fans. Perhaps I can start gently swaying them towards getting Saturns and Netlinks. :D
Game collection on my site.
Austin Peyton

Post by Austin Peyton »

Happy New Year!
Still 2018, hoping 2019 will be a little bit better
Glad the site is still kicking :)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Happy New Year! :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Figured Id make a rare yearly appearance. Glad to still see around Warp :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Figured Id make a rare yearly appearance. Glad to still see around Warp :)
Glad to see you, too!