Classic game hunting in Korea

Talk about anything and everything.
zionfarm

Classic game hunting in Korea

Post by zionfarm »

Hello Everybody,

My name is Kelly and I live in Korea at the moment and I love nostalgic gaming. I have been in Korea since Jan 2015 and totally love it. The gaming scene here is not that bad since the Korean market is more toward the PC gaming genre. So the community for old school gaming isn't that huge except for a small nitch of guys in Seoul and other ares. Since being here I attained a N64 and waiting for a SNES mini I got from Ebay. I will be getting into the RGB modding when I get all my ducks in a row. So if your in the Korea area give me a ring on Kakao my name is Kelly Greenidge. Oh by the way Kakao is a chat app that is big in the country.

I will be getting a Sega Saturn when I do some more research on the best place for getting one. The local old school shops do sell them but I'm just being patience since they are online for dirt cheap. The end state is to get this list fulfilled. The list is in no particular order just off the top of my head, and the games I remember playing as a teenager.

Sega Saturn Game list

1. Saturn Bomberman
2. Burning Rangers
3. Three Dirty Dwarves
4. Darius Gaiden
5. Albert Odyssey
6. Nights into Dreams
7. Panzer Dragon I, II, III
8. Virtual On
9. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
10. Hmm....still wondering what to get
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Classic game hunting in Korea

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your quest!

I'm personally a fan of Daytona USA and Sega Rally - while I'm horrible at racing games, I spent every chance I could staring at the arcade racing cabinets and their beautiful graphics. Every time I play one of those, it's a great nostalgia trip.

There was a Panzer Dragoon 3? Are you talking about Panzer Dragoon Saga, the RPG?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!