My yearly visit

Talk about anything and everything.
JerryTerrifying

My yearly visit

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Sup guys? It's been a long time since I've swung by the place. Figured I'd make a topic and say some words. How's life and all that?
Game collection on my site.
Austin Peyton

Re: My yearly visit

Post by Austin Peyton »

Life is good. I finally netinked and built my collection of saturn games. Got a modchip as well. Finished my freshmen year with all A's.
Last edited by Austin Peyton on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Oh, y'know. Moved across the US, moved in with my boyfriend, got two jobs, legally changed my name.

I miss my Saturns. *boots up Daytona USA on her PS3*
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Well, I guess we as a community are missing a lot on NetLink playing. u_u'

This year is being fun, I think. The start of the year I've dedicated a lot to obtain all the Final Fantasy XI achievements before the shutdown on consoles in march 31. I've got them at march 30 lol
Talk about grinding...

And overall I'm studying and working hard trying to grow my collection but not so much time to play after that.

This year two young cousins stayed a while in my house. Actually I live in a city that a lot of people come to try a better school or college and usually people from my family stay in my house. Some years ago, like 2010 and before, there were a lot of people really. But this stopped in recent years and just now in 2016 it happened again. I'm not so used to that anymore lol
It's not bad. But after four or five years it takes some time to get used to this again. But I don't think I have younger people in family who would need assistance anytime soon. So I don't know if I'll get used to it again too.

Yeah. Nothing really exciting. hee hee
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
JerryTerrifying

Glad to see you're all doing well. Sounds like a lot of big life changes Warp. Scary. I'm in the planning phase of moving in with my woman. Saving up some money and all that. Spend my down time at work dreaming about my bad ass game room I'll be building in the basement at her house.

The past two summers I've gotten into garage saling. Guys, it's the only way to collect. Found some pretty good deals for dirt cheap. Once you learn the right way to garage sale you almost always find something. Best haul of this season was 50 Nintendo powers starting from issue 1 to issue 52. Missing the third issue and one other not sure off the top of my head. A SNES, Model 1 Genesis HD graphics variant, an N64 89 games across those 3 systems plus a few atari 2600 games I picked out of the atari box. A few SNES and N64 games were CIB in beautiful condition, tons of manuals and a few posters. Paid $40. I sold two games and made that back.

@Rogue Yeah I lost my access to a land line a while ago so no more netlinking for me it would seem. Although I am grateful to have been able to get some time with it at all. I've decided I want to start learning more about electronics and am going through some books on the subject. After a few learning projects the first big projects I want to take on are building a SuperGun, so I can start collecting and playing arcade boards. As well as building my own phone line simulator. I'll have the space to set up two Saturns and TVs so I may as well set up a little Netlink based LAN.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:Best haul of this season was 50 Nintendo powers starting from issue 1 to issue 52.
Shoot, I used to have a bunch of NPs, but I recycled them all before moving. If they'd have been useful to you, I'd have gladly donated them. Though I have no idea how I'd have gotten them to you.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Warp2063 wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:Best haul of this season was 50 Nintendo powers starting from issue 1 to issue 52.
Shoot, I used to have a bunch of NPs, but I recycled them all before moving. If they'd have been useful to you, I'd have gladly donated them. Though I have no idea how I'd have gotten them to you.
Hell yeah I would have taken those off your hands. At my job we're not allowed to have anything with an internet connection or a camera because of handling of sensitive information but beyond that we can do pretty much whatever during down time. So I get a lot of gameboy time in and have been meaning to start taking those Nintendo powers in and going through them.