NetLink spotting thread

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
vincesaturn

Re: NetLink spotting thread

Post by vincesaturn »

Bonjours à tous je suis un fan de la saturn j'ai 28 ans je suis français et aujourd'hui j'ai reçu le pack netlink commander sur ebay ma question est comment le faire fonctionner? j'ai sega rally en us les autres sont en pal voilà si quelqu'un saurais me renseigner merci d'avance
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Well, to make it work, you need to make the game boot first. Do you have a NTSC console?

You need to boot the game without an accessory (region switcher), because the modem needs the Cartridge Slot.

And you need an analog phone line. If you remember, people used them to Surf the Web in 28.8, 33.6 and
56 kbps modems. If you know what ICQ is, you're set.
The gaming works like "head-to-head" with many PC games, like Duke Nukem 3D, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, Quake or Diablo. One modem call and other waits the call, and they connect and start the game.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Post by NWA »

vincesaturn wrote:Bonjours à tous je suis un fan de la saturn j'ai 28 ans je suis français et aujourd'hui j'ai reçu le pack netlink commander sur ebay ma question est comment le faire fonctionner? j'ai sega rally en us les autres sont en pal voilà si quelqu'un saurais me renseigner merci d'avance
vous besoin sega rally netlink édition et un sega saturn des Etats-Unis pour faire le netlink a fontionner. tu peux midifier votre sega saturn avec un Region switch pour utiliser des jeux de la USA. excuse moi ci mon francais est pas bon
Better run home to momma now!
vincesaturn

Post by vincesaturn »

alors j'ai une saturn pal 2nd génération (bouton rond) switcher donc je peux la mettre en us/60hz et lire les jeux sans action replay et oui j'ai sega rally version us, hélas je n'ai plus de prise téléphonique n'y a-t'il pas d'autre moyen? et au niveau d'internet c'est payant? voici mon netlink reçu http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/dscf0256x.jpg/
NWA

Post by NWA »

ci tu joue avec quelq'un qui vie dans ton ville, le utilisation de la netlink est 100% gratuit. la netlink besoin pas un connection de l'internet pour fontionner, ca marche comme un appel de telephone normal. tu besoin cette certain version de sega rally, sega rally plus NETLINK edition. cette version de sega rally est rare donc je vais vous donner un lien de le jeux complet: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/oth ... darkwater/ choisi la section free download, et cliquez download file. apres ca mettre la jeux sur un CD-r. mettre le netlink dans ton saturn et fais le swap trick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA_H-4lx5dE Brule le jeux avec imgburn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download NOTE: Quand tu brule le jeux sure le disc, choisi le .CUE file. il faut que tu as un prise telephonique.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

You say you're not pirating games any longer, but you're promoting pirating games to others?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

yes. only if he cant find the game though. if he can get it easily then id go ahead and buy it. its one game , and possibly 1 more netlinker to come on the sight. i dont pirate games like pds etc because i feel they shouldnt be. has already has sega rally as he said, so hes just getting a little bit of a boost to be able to play with us. the money no longer goes to a retail company like walmart nor does it go to sega. plus he probably would have gotten screwed by a 80 price tag for the game. games like vo and sega rally netlink edition just seem to get unfair prices now. i think of it as theres one more copy of sega rally out there once he burns it, even if is burnt. plus once we die the new age kids will probably throw retro games in a fire pit. i present to you a real copy of sega rally netlink edition. free shipping to the USA for 149.99.......
NWA

Post by NWA »

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

That's sad that people are price gouging that much. I got mine four years ago for about $5.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

this link i put is why i have no shame in burning this game. plus i already own the silver longbox version anyway. its still a very nostalgic game for me but come on, its sega rally XD. i actually bought a real longbox one because i felt empty inside just having the netlink one burnt. after all is said and done i promote buying the normal versions of sega rally and virtual on, then burn the netlink ones so you still kindof own a copy. the netlink editions are extra content really
NWA

Post by NWA »

to add on, if you thought sega rally was bad, checkout this copy of nights: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NiGHTS-into-Drea ... 51a054d84d lowest longbox one ive seen since was 50 bucks. i paid 30 for mine complet locally. average well kept Panzer dragoon saga: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RARE-SEGA-SATURN ... 5895866eaf Bowed manual copy of burning rangers: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Burning-Rangers- ... 43b0180cc3 resident evil, good shape: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Resident-Evil-Se ... 1c2a3c6504
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yeah, the prices are really crazy!
When that global economic crisis hit, the prices suddenly dropped, but now they're higher than before.

But I think we should try to not post things that's not Net Link related...
I'm ready to play!
NWA

Post by NWA »

i was originally talkin netlink but warp asked me about why im ok with burning games. i had to give a good reason XD
vincesaturn

Post by vincesaturn »

je ne comprend pas tous ce que vous me dites les amis car la traduction de google est mauvaise mais je pense savoir comment m'y prendre merci pour vos conseilles :D si jamais j'ai un soucie je vous tiendrez au courant
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

vincesaturn: Feel free to ask. But I believe you'll eventually learn a bit of english, because, well, almost all the games are in english...

NWA: Yeah, it's a valid point. For me, I just don't want. I can't play even my games... Downloading more would be pointless...
I'm ready to play!