Looking for a decent copy of Saturn Bomberman

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Scooter

Looking for a decent copy of Saturn Bomberman

Post by Scooter »

I recently bought a Dreamcast and it's started me on a vintage gaming quest. I've rebuilt my Game Gear collection which I sold off years ago and with the Dreamcast I now have a pretty robust Sega collection. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are great!

Anyway, along the way I've been picking up a few Genesis, Sega CD, 32X and Saturn games I've never had but felt I should have for postarity. I'm still missing Saturn Bomberman and it's the only NetLink game I don't own. They pop up on ebay now and then and other places offer them at greatly inflated prices, but if there is a copy available from someone in the crowd, I'd rather "keep it in the family". I have a US console so I need an NTSC copy of the game. I'm only interested in a copy that is cosmetically in great condition and complete with jewel case, disc and instructions.

On a side note, I recently picked up a new in the box player 2 pink light gun for the Sega CD game by Konami called Lethal Enforcers. I've had the player 1 blue gun for years but I've never even seen the player 2 gun in real life before a few days ago. It came sealed in the box and it was only $15!

I may never buy a PS3 since I'm having so much fun with my vintage stuff!
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Hey...looks like ur having fun collecting then :)

Sadly I don't have a spare copy of bomberman, so I am not much help :( but you have all the other then? Even Daytona?....you sure its the US NTSC Netlink version? The reason I ask is becuase so many people think they have it but only actually have the Japanese or standard CCE edition?

If you do have it, whats the cover like? I am fairly sure there were two different versions of the cover for this game, one which was just the standard CCE cover with an extra black and white booklet inside and one with an entirely different cover, I am trying to get my hands on the later cover so if you have that any chance of a scan?

Anyway, goodluck it ur quest :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I do indeed have the Daytona NetLink edition. The book/cover says NOTHING about it being a NetLink game (see scan below). The game includes the Daytona CCE book and a separate book for the NetLink features. If I recall correctly I got this game as a free or rebate offer from Sega.

I hope this info helps.

segadreamcaster

Ah excellent, well at least you have the most difficult one..sadly the pic isnt showing up, but I guess it will just be the standard cover anyway.

My situatiob is that I have the Daytona netlink disc and the black and white extra insert, but no cover and case :( guess I will nhave to buy a standard daytona CCE copy of the game to make up for the case and cover as its exactly the same anyway...but I am almost certain there was a version that was an entirely new netlink version including a complete new cover...saw it on ebay once!

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

So there is no marking on the disc itself or on the back to designate that it is a Net Link game? If that's right, then what a blunder on Sega's part. That could have been their killer online app!

There are a few Bomberman discs on eBay right now, both for around 20 bucks each. Is that grossly inflated? I don't know, I've only been actively following eBay Saturn prices the last couple months or so. Seems reasonable, though.
segadreamcaster

grolt wrote:So there is no marking on the disc itself or on the back to designate that it is a Net Link game? If that's right, then what a blunder on Sega's part. That could have been their killer online app!

There are a few Bomberman discs on eBay right now, both for around 20 bucks each. Is that grossly inflated? I don't know, I've only been actively following eBay Saturn prices the last couple months or so. Seems reasonable, though.
Hey,

Yeah the disc has a marking but the cover doesnt, but they added an additional black and white manual to cover the netlink capabilities...but I am almost certain another version exists.

Thats a pretty good price for bomberman, fetches a half decent price as its not the most common game in the world...not too difficult to get on ebay though :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

Nevermind on that Bomberman. There's still seven hours left and it is up to 45 dollars already.

I did manage to snag Duke Nukem for a cool 12 dollars though, which seems to me a steal.
segadreamcaster

grolt wrote:Nevermind on that Bomberman. There's still seven hours left and it is up to 45 dollars already.

I did manage to snag Duke Nukem for a cool 12 dollars though, which seems to me a steal.
Ah right, yeah..thought that was fairly low :)

Duke Nukem is the only Netlink game that is available cheaply, Bomberman just seems rare and the other 3 are special netlink only version, with Daytona being rediculously difficult to get hold of..lol :( Goodluck with your quest

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

segadreamcaster wrote:
grolt wrote:Nevermind on that Bomberman. There's still seven hours left and it is up to 45 dollars already.

Ah right, yeah..thought that was fairly low :)

Duke Nukem is the only Netlink game that is available cheaply, Bomberman just seems rare and the other 3 are special netlink only version, with Daytona being rediculously difficult to get hold of..lol :( Goodluck with your quest
My plan is to just hound any seller selling CCE, asking them to check the disc (thanks for the feedback on that) for the NetLink logo. There's got to be a few versions floating around unbeknowst to the average seller!

Sega was so good at sticking with their long box throughout their run (look at the many incarnations of the PSX packaging by comparison!) but as a collector it sort of irks me the way they'd release packaged games in standard CD cases (that NetLink pack, the NiGHTS pack, the Virtua Fighter pack-in, etc.). Still, I'll take em! :D
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Well, I just snagged a nice copy of Bomberman so after all these years, my NetLink game collection is complete!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Nice Scooter, how much did you pay for it?
That's fly.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

grolt wrote:Nice Scooter, how much did you pay for it?
About $40 shipped.