The latest happenings

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Xranger60
Site Admin

The latest happenings

Post by Xranger60 »

I've always wondered what goes through people's heads when they spam an entire forum with mindless, useless stuff. At the same time, now I've had the pleasure of feeling the same way (almost). Tonight I spent a lot of time searching through any Sega or classic gaming boards, trying to get out the message about the NetLink League. It's hard to find other users. The few I did find say things such as "Well, I've got a NetLink, but sorry, it's a waste of time and money to play a NetLink game on a landline phone, blah blah blah. It's a waste of time if you're totally unapreciative of some awesome old school fun. The Netlink is a great little device, and on top of that, I'm sure many people would love to have one given the opportunity.

Which is why I'm going to keep trying to get people to know about this. Finding NetLink users willing to play only gets harder as time goes on, so its critical that the word get spread now. If you guys can, please inform people however you can. Thanks a lot, and I'm going to keep up with my efforts.

Btw, welcome to our newest member, Mateoman :)
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Yeah its always gonna be an uphill battle with this sort of thing...most people just see it as being old and out dated...but there will also always be a small group of people who will be interested and those are the people that we need to reach. I have mentioned the new site on a number of other websites, but with little impact...but over time those all posting may well produce new members.

We can only hope...im sure this place will grow :)

Cheers, Craig

PS: Indeed, welcome Mateoman :D
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

And now welcome to madder :)
segadreamcaster

Perhaps we should make this the official welcome thread...lol...

Welcome madder :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
madder128

Post by madder128 »

Cartman: "where is the nintendo???"
kennys dad:"we dont have a nintendo... we got a ColecoVision plugged into the black and white tv"
Kyle:"oh my god this is like a 3rd world country"

Southpark episode chickenpox rocks!!!!!!
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Ah! Good to see the site up again guys :D, everytime it comes back online it just looks better and better (I really digg the clean layout).

I think we all appreciate what you're doing Xranger, and it must be really tough to show people the value in using a netlink.

But if by some chance they ever get to experience that single teeth-gritting 1on1, win by a nose race in Sega Rally...I'm sure they'd come around.

Congrats on keeping the site going!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Cidus wrote:Ah! Good to see the site up again guys :D, everytime it comes back online it just looks better and better (I really digg the clean layout).
Thanks :). I think so far the most people prefer this new layout. It's a good base for adding on the rest of the stuff I want to get on here, like more screenshots, guides, reviews etc.
I think we all appreciate what you're doing Xranger, and it must be really tough to show people the value in using a netlink.
And I appreciate you guys coming by here and sharing your views and joining this community. It's great that there are people that still appreciate what NetLink is all about.
But if by some chance they ever get to experience that single teeth-gritting 1on1, win by a nose race in Sega Rally...I'm sure they'd come around.
I agree. Oh, and let's get that NetLink game in sometime soon!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Yah someone is actually talking about having an actual game on the netlink :) wow...lol...let us know how it goes when you do get to play :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Before the site got deleted last time, Cidus and I were going to set up a game since he's right near me, and I have relatives in the same town as him, meaning for the first time in my NetLink career I could play a game that didn't cost long distance. So we will get that going soon, very glad he's back.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Ah right, thats cool....similar situation to mine actually...my friend from onlinconsoles who is getting his netlink stuff together is very local...less than 30 mins drive :)

Look forward to hearing how it goes :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Yup :) anytime you're ready dude.

It stinks that you're so far away segadreamcaster, it'd be great to get some matches going. But at least you've got someone close and 1 is all you really need. :wink:
segadreamcaster

Cidus wrote:Yup :) anytime you're ready dude.

It stinks that you're so far away segadreamcaster, it'd be great to get some matches going. But at least you've got someone close and 1 is all you really need. :wink:
Yeah thats true...no doubt when we do start playing it will be a very regular thing...we currently play online with Dreamcast 5 nights a week...so no doubt the saturn will be included in our schedual :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman