Netlink games

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
nick944

Netlink games

Post by nick944 »

I can't seem to find any netlink games at resonable prices, can someone help me with this? I almost had a copy of virtual on netlink for cheap, but it got up to $35 in the last few minutes.
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I'm looking for games for some time too...

=P

That's ok...

>.<
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Yeah its a problem really...all the netlink games (excluding duke nukem) are pretty rare....virtual on and sega rally are specific netlink versions, bomberman is just a pretty rare game anyway and Daytona netlink is more or less impossible to find.

You may have trouble picking these up at bargain prices...if you want them, you may well have to splash some cash...in the mean time try to get duke nukem 3D, that should be the cheapest :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
nick944

Post by nick944 »

Thanks, I'll try to grab a copy of Duke Nukem 3D, by the way how good is it?
Own:
Virtual On Netlink Edition
Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition
XL2K5

Post by XL2K5 »

Duke Nukem 3D on Saturn is really good!
It uses the PowerSlave engine, so that game is real 3D, unlike the PC version that used the Build engine!
Sadly, I didn't get to play online yet, it's quite hard to find other netlink users in my area...
If only someone would find a way to play using a Saturn-to-PC dial-up connection or something, then finding opponent would be really easy!
Games owned :
Duke Nukem 3D
Sega Rally Championship : NetLink Edition
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On : NetLink Edition
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

I was wondering, does anyone know how the Dayton CCE Netlink version was released?

Virtual On and Sega Rally came bundled in the Netlink gamepack and Duke Nukem and Bomberman only had their regular release as they were already Netlink enabled. So how was Daytona CCE Netlink Edition released?
segadreamcaster

Silence the Fallen wrote:I was wondering, does anyone know how the Dayton CCE Netlink version was released?

Virtual On and Sega Rally came bundled in the Netlink gamepack and Duke Nukem and Bomberman only had their regular release as they were already Netlink enabled. So how was Daytona CCE Netlink Edition released?
Daytona is a bit of an odd one, it's available in 3 versions:

1. Standard Daytona USA
2. Daytona USA CCE Edition
3. Dayton USA CCE - Netlink Edition

The netlink edition was apprently only available directly from Sega's website and in VERY limited quantities..not sure how limited but have heard the numbers of 100 and 1000 copies mentioned in the past...neither is too hard to believe when you see how difficult it is to find.

The game seems to comes in the standard case of the Daytona CCE version but obviously with the Netlink version of the disc and an extra black and white manual to cover netlink functions. Having said that however, I am more or less convinced that I saw an auction a couple of years ago that had a copy with the netlink logo in the corner of the front cover (just like Duke Nukem or bomberman) but have been unable to find anything to prove that since and sadly did not save that picture :(

Anyway, that gives you some idea of the history of this ridiculously hard to find game

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I've never seen this game available either. Makes you wish this game was released at retail.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Xranger60 wrote:I've never seen this game available either. Makes you wish this game was released at retail.
Indeed...although being a lucky one who actually owns it it's also kinda nice having such a rare gem in my collection :) Having said that, a netlink game that is so hard to find also makes the netlink side of things more or less pointless.

I wonder how many people have actually played Daytona online via the netlink in the past...bet you could count that on two hands..lol

Talking of my copy, I really must get a standard copy of CCE to put that disc and manual in...hmm

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think I recall getting my copy of Daytona CCE Netlink by responding to one of Sega's famous rebate/coupon offers.

Regardless, I do distinctly recall getting the game directly from Sega.

My copy does NOT have a NetLink logo on the spine card or the main game book. The disc is clearly marked as the NetLink version and an additional b&w book was included.
segadreamcaster

Scooter wrote:I think I recall getting my copy of Daytona CCE Netlink by responding to one of Sega's famous rebate/coupon offers.

Regardless, I do distinctly recall getting the game directly from Sega.

My copy does NOT have a NetLink logo on the spine card or the main game book. The disc is clearly marked as the NetLink version and an additional b&w book was included.
Yeah this is the version everyone seems to have..same as me..although obviously without the cover :( must buy a copy of the game

But I am still sure I saw one on ebay that had the full logo treatment...guess it could have been a home made cover..we may never know :(

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Who knows, there may be two different versions out there. Maybe the more common version without the NL logo were made up by Sega by taking regular Daytona CCE games and simply putting in the newer disk and additional NL book.

I know that any time I find myself in a used game store and spot a copy of Daytona CCE I check for the extra book and ask to see the disk! I haven't found a spare game yet, but you'll all know when I do.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Rally-Champion ... dZViewItem

Think this is a good deal? If so, I'll probably grab it.

There's also a couple Saturn Bombermans on eBay right now, but one's at $25 with a lot of bids, and nearly a day left... another's at $20 with 4 days left.
segadreamcaster

seems like a fairly decent price to me :) you might get it cheaper if yuo wait around, but then again you might not :(

As for bomberman, expect those prices to go up much further :(

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

Bomberman you won't find for under $50. It's one of the most sought after Saturn titles. Sega Rally NetLink though, hold off on. Once a $0.99 auction shows up it won't go for more than $10. That and Virtual On pop up on fair occasion, you just have to be patient sometimes!
That's fly.