Ahh Netlink fun at last :)

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
segadreamcaster

Ahh Netlink fun at last :)

Post by segadreamcaster »

Hi guys,

Well my friend here in the UK received his second netlink yesterday (last one died some time ago after one use :( ) so we got straight on last night and played some sega rally and bomberman....great fun

We did have some problem though..some disconnects etc...is that fairly normal or not?

Might be down to a slightly dodgy cart slot on his saturn...didnt want to dial at first etc and then stopped recognising the cart.

Anyway..we are intending to have another go tonight so should be interesting....if all keeps going well we should be netlinking on a weekly basis here in the UK...we currently alternate between the Dreamcast, PS2 and 360 so we will have to add the saturn into the mix :)

Cheers, Craig

PS: btw, using the 360 for chat during netlink session is very useful...I assume other have tried this or similar? most handy :)
Last edited by segadreamcaster on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
segadreamcaster

Well had another go last night :)

We ended up playing Daytona first (wonder how many people have actually done that?) then followed up with Duke Nukem.

Think we managed to establish what the disconnecting problem was though...poor connection on his side...still needs more testing to be sure though.

Daytona was great fun...but also difficult, with neither of us being that great at racers. Duke Nukem was a bit of a nightmare...it's sooo FAST!! lol. I have played it before briefly offline, but only realised how fast it was last night..very awkward to keep much control...didn't play long though...no doubt this will improve with practice :)

Anyway...it's good to be playing properly at last :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The only NetLink play I've ever gotten to do was Sega Rally. It really worked well for what is now considered old technology. I'd be happy to NetLink with you guys some day, but tell you what, you call me. ;)
segadreamcaster

Scooter wrote:The only NetLink play I've ever gotten to do was Sega Rally. It really worked well for what is now considered old technology. I'd be happy to NetLink with you guys some day, but tell you what, you call me. ;)
Yeah thats the trouble....shame long distance isnt free huh?

having said that, I think this sort of distance has been tested in the past and proved unreliable? pretty sure that was reported at some point or another

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

Nice to hear your stories, dreamcaster. It's been awhile since a reported successful match! It's quite the feeling connecting up with someone, seeing their icon and taunt, and then jumping head first into the game. I've only ever played Sega Rally and Duke Nukem online, I hope to one day play the rest as well. Especially Daytona. Which means you selling me your copy. :)
That's fly.
segadreamcaster

grolt wrote:Nice to hear your stories, dreamcaster. It's been awhile since a reported successful match! It's quite the feeling connecting up with someone, seeing their icon and taunt, and then jumping head first into the game. I've only ever played Sega Rally and Duke Nukem online, I hope to one day play the rest as well. Especially Daytona. Which means you selling me your copy. :)
Certainly is a nice feeling :) great to be playing at last...and with it most likely turning into a regular thing I will finally feel like a genuine member of this community..lol

As for Daytona....nah ill hang onto it :) I do feel for you with that though, it's such a pain in the arse to get hold of...glad I seized the chance when I did and got my copy...keeping a lookout on ebay at the moment for a cheap import of daytona CCE in good condition to finally complete the set :)

Goodluck in your search and let me know when you finally get it

PS: Grolt, I see you have just celebrated/forgotten your 1st anniversary here a the league...congratulations :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Now normally I'd say "Put this in the matchups section!," except I won't be picky because this is the first post about a NetLink game in so long :). I hope you find more matches over there in the UK. One of these days we'll try some long distance NetLink, just to have the experience. And stop buying all the rare NetLink stuff everyone wants!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segadreamcaster

Xranger60 wrote:Now normally I'd say "Put this in the matchups section!," except I won't be picky because this is the first post about a NetLink game in so long :). I hope you find more matches over there in the UK. One of these days we'll try some long distance NetLink, just to have the experience. And stop buying all the rare NetLink stuff everyone wants!
indeed, I guess this should belong in the matchups..sorry about that :( :)

Yeah guess we will have to try long distance one day....Anybody get free long distance?

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
blast

Post by blast »

segadreamcaster wrote:
Xranger60 wrote:Now normally I'd say "Put this in the matchups section!," except I won't be picky because this is the first post about a NetLink game in so long :). I hope you find more matches over there in the UK. One of these days we'll try some long distance NetLink, just to have the experience. And stop buying all the rare NetLink stuff everyone wants!
indeed, I guess this should belong in the matchups..sorry about that :( :)

Yeah guess we will have to try long distance one day....Anybody get free long distance?
Did you sign up for the cheaper international call rate with Virgin? I dunno how good it is and I never use it but I am sure I get billed for it :roll: Talk international I think.
segadreamcaster

No, just the standard XL package thats all...would be no point in having the international one for us

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman