Which Netlink Game is Most Popular?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Which Netlink Game is Most Popular?

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm trying to decide which Netlink game most people here want to play, in order to decide which game to try to hunt down first. Which one do people play the most?
grolt

Post by grolt »

I'd say the one that gets played most is SEGA RALLY, but the easiest one to find on a whim is DUKE NUKEM 3D. In order of rarity, with the rarest first:

DAYTONA USA
SATURN BOMBERMAN
VIRTUAL ON
SEGA RALLY
DUKE NUKEM 3D
That's fly.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Sega Rally, Virtual On, and Duke are definitely the most available, as Grolt said, but Bomberman also gets played a lot too. Unfortunately, as he said, it's getting more expensive, but if you can get it, do. It's got value as both a single player and multiplayer offline game (up to 10 players).
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Oh yeah, Bomberman is the game that definitely has the most replay value today. Sega's arcade games have seen better sequels ported to better consoles, and there are certainly better FPS games out there other than the Saturn's Duke Nukem these days. So that leaves Bomberman as the one experience that has yet to be bested by other consoles, because of it's continued NetLink playability and the unequaled 10-player mutliplayer at home. Ask Bomberman fans, and Saturn Bomberman is still the best in the franchise. I still even play it whenever I get a bunch of people together on a weekend.
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't have any of the hardware for playing 10-player. (I also only have one controller. =P ) Anyway, what is the device called? On the Playstation it was a Multitap.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

It was also called a multitap for the Saturn...but it has six slots instead of only 4 lame ones. You gotta wait to get one cheap on ebay though...people wanna sell them for 40 bucks or more (for the black one). I got mine for 15 bucks on ebay. I could've gotten a Bomberman one for 20...but i didn't have the money....sigh...