Canceled?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
blast

Canceled?

Post by blast »

Were there any planned Netlink games that were canceled? How far did they get into production and is ther any chance one could ever be leaked, if there were any? I guess not with the time thats passed but I thought it might be an interesting topic of conversation.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hmmm... I seem to remember that Command & Conquer was announced as a Netlink title a long time ago.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I did a quick Google search a few days back... I didn't see anything obvious. Even if we did find something, it's highly unlikely that we'd be able to get ahold of any development from it, and even if we did, it probably wouldn't be anywhere close to working. :(

If we did, though, you can bet that I'd be running it as soon as I could.
SaturnsDream

Post by SaturnsDream »

Nah, Google wouldn't help for something like this. Your best bet is to go to assemblergames.com, the people there should know something about some unfinished Saturn Netlink games.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Just had a bit of a look around, this looks potentially interesting, seems like there might have been a netlink RPG game in the work, but as you can see, not a lot of info.

Was released in Japan though...take a look

On the picture on that last link, I think I am able to see the "NET" logo, so I guess it must have been a Japanese XBAND title..or whatever service they had..can't remember what it was now...I assume this is a know title on the Japanese side?

If that is the case then it probably was finished or very close to it...plus unseen64.net describe it as "unreleased?" rather than cancelled.

Shaky ground indeed, but perhpas a glimmer of hope for another netlink title down the track and an online RPG no less :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

segadreamcaster wrote:Was released in Japan though...take a look

On the picture on that last link, I think I am able to see the "NET" logo, so I guess it must have been a Japanese XBAND title..or whatever service they had..can't remember what it was now...I assume this is a know title on the Japanese side?
That's a demo, not a release.

There's no proof the game was released. I think the game really wasn't realeased.

Maybe one of the 15 japanese netlink compatible games was intended to be netlink compatible in the US too. And perhaps there's something about the feature remaining or blocked in the game code.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Ah yes, I was a little quick with that wasn't I...sorry about that..didn't stop to read it all in full...thats what comes of finding the page via google :)

Anyway..still interesting
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
blast

Post by blast »

Good detective work :D always good to have a snoop around. One of my fave saying is, if you dont ask you dont get. I doubt we will ever see a leak of anything sadly it would have happened already. Theres always the outside chance though.