NewGuy

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
NewGuy

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Hey What's Up guys Im the NewGuy here. I used to have a saturn years ago and loved it but it broke and i forgot about it. I recently bought A saturn on ebay and am hyped to play it. I just found this website and am wondering if anyone is still around. I have lots of questions and am ready to give the saturn another go.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Welcome to the forums! There's still a good amount of people around, but the forums generally aren't too active unless we all get hooked onto some topic or such.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Cool. I was wondering if anyone is still playing on netlink and what games are you playing the most. I loved the saturn and would love to find a few people to play with. I'm currently working on getting the netlink setup and now have two saturns.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yeah, we still play our Saturns.

I mean, I only bought my first one ever around 7 or 8 months ago, and don't remember seeing one in operation before that, but still... ;)

As for Netlink... there's a lot of us who would like to play more; it's just difficult to find a time when we can play together, and even harder to get a stable connection over the long distances, especially when so many people have switched to digital phone services.

As for what we've been playing... the most recent game I've played on one of my Saturns would be Sonic Jam. The most recent disc would be the PlanetWeb Browser 3.0. I was running some connection and electrical tests between the Saturn and my computer. I accidentally created a short during the tests, but after resetting everything, it started working again. (I retired the model 1 to a box under my bed as a backup... my model twos are in better shape and work better with the Netlink software. No more graphical distortion!)

Welcome to the forums!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Welcome to the forums! Great to see people still buying saturns and joining the site!
dejo86

Post by dejo86 »

hy everyone...I'm a sega maniac. I just love all sega's console and obviously I've them all.
Really happy to know there sre many many people that still have the saturn?
I'm from Italy and I just hope that I can play on line with a net link even I'm in europe.
This site kick the ass
I'll never back, I've got no regrets
'Cause time doesn't wait for me
I choose to go my own way
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It's still possible to play, but there are several things that must be to make it work:

-You need to be able to play the US versions of the Netlink games on your Saturn
-You need a US Netlink modem
-You need to have a working land phone line that is NOT digital

It helps to be able to make long-distance or international calls.

Hope that everyone gets to play together soon!

And welcome to the forums, dejo86!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

I'm back and just hopped on the Netlink express. I just bought the Netlink modem and virtual On, Sega Rally, and Duke Nukem 3D. Waiting on all of them to get shipped still. I really want bomberman so ill probably get that soon to.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

How cheap were those games? I only have Virtual On and have trouble finding the other ones for a fair price.....
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sega Rally I bought used from one seller for maybe $5, and later I bought a new bundle with Sega Rally and Virtual ON for around $20, if I remember. I kinda doubt I'll get Duke Nukem, because I really don't like it...
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea i really need to get some netlink games myself. unfortunately, i'm on a monetary budget so i have to pick and choose between games every couple weeks or more. unless i get spend crazy, but then i make myself enjoy what i have before i start buying any more. :wink: it's tough when you love the saturn!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hey there!

Welcome to our league!!!

=D

hehe, I'm a bit on the same situation. I can't afford a lot of games but I'm working on it! ;D
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Thanks for making a NewGuy feel welcome. I got the netlink modem for $18 and I got Vritual On and Sega Rally together with the netbrowser 3.0 for $18 also. I got Duke Nukem in a bundle with 6 other games for $30. I just started playing and collecting again and its great. Im still waiting on my second Saturn I bought off Ebay to be shipped. It's been 10 days already.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

10 days? wow, u should probably contact the seller
grolt

Post by grolt »

Welcome, NewGuy! So what are you going to do with your name when you become an older member? :D

I'm getting rid of a bunch of games tomorrow on eBay, and included in that are both Duke Nukem 3D and Sega Rally: NetLink. I link to this site here in the auctions, so hopefully that'll give the site a little more exposure!

I'd definitely recommend Duke, Warp. It's a fantastic port, really graphically impressive. It's based on the Powerslave engine, and quite frankly looks miles better than any of the other ports and even the PC original. Multiplayer it is really fun too, since you can just run around and explore with another NetLinker.
That's fly.