NetLink and Xband Navigation Videos

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well, I got the cable today and made the video. It's not very good, but at least it shows the menus and the music, as requested. I'm not sure why the image isn't all that sharp. I don't know if it was the Genesis, the cable, or the camera that was at fault. Also, it was hard for me to see what I was doing on the video camera's 2" screen.

Anyway, here you go: the Genesis XBAND.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUgpnohPzU
(Okay, I've learned from most of my original mistakes, and this should be the last time I re-upload it. I don't think I can make it much better than this with the footage I took.)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Just a heads-up; I've re-uploaded the video again. I edited my previous post with the new link. In this version, the top and the bottom of the screen are no longer cut off.

So, thoughts? Complaints? Suggestions? Anecdotes? Recipes? Interpretive dances?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Love the video man! My neighbor across the street used to have the Genesis one, but I completely forgot what the music sounded like. Fun stuff. Thanks again for putting this online!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Glad it's appreciated! :)
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Cool video. I have my saturn hooked up through my DVD recorder so when we start playing Saturn Netlink games Ill try to make some videos.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I can do the same with the video camera I used. Although, if I'm going to be playing again, I'm going to pick up some more equipment so that I don't have to watch on the video camera's 2" screen. It was hard enough seeing and hearing what I was doing to record the XBAND video.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Cool. I remember searching Youtube for Netlink gameplay videos and I think I only found Sega RAlly. Would be cool to give people the Bomberman and Duke etc.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!