The actual Netlink League?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

The actual Netlink League?

Post by xDerekRx »

Sorry for posting a ton of threads! But this has become my 2nd home for Saturn discussion thanks to a handful of you that have been helpful. In fact I dont know of a good Sega Saturn forum in general. The only one Ive seen thats active is the UK one but those people annoy me, they seem to have been born in 2001 and cant stand the site of games like Duke Nukem. I mean come on!

Back on topic, does the Netlink League still exist in any form? I think I remmeber coming here 2 years ago, but not posting, and saw there were leaderboards.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I know I saw some a while ago as well, and I joined just under a year ago.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp I tossed you a question in the "I wanna play HELP" thread at the end of page 1
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I'm open to adding new sections of the site for leaderboards and scheduling if you guys would really like it. I've got a great idea that can make finding/playing easier, in the form of an App I'd like to develop for here, but I'm open to any suggestions.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I dont have my netlink yet but if I get it working I loves me some competition.

Maybe we can make it simple. W-L.

OR a ladder maybe? I remember the old ladder system way back in the day. That might be fun to do.

Each game can have its own ladder... and I think people know how they work in general.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Warp I tossed you a question in the "I wanna play HELP" thread at the end of page 1
And my reply ended up being the second or third down on page 2 of that thread.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Having a league again would be great!
MAXIMUSpowers

Post by MAXIMUSpowers »

yeah a league would be awesome
Netlink Games:
Daytona
Duke Nukem

Currently developing a 3D racing game for the Saturn with Rockin B. If anyone would be interested in coding Netlink support, contact me
Manji

Post by Manji »

i'm also in full support of having some sort of friendly, competitive rankings. i think it's a great idea.
grolt

Post by grolt »

The thing is...we need people to actually play before we could ever collect any rankings. It's so tough to get games going these days, just simply playing a match is an achievement in itself. Let's get some games going first, then worry about the stats later!
That's fly.
Manji

Post by Manji »

yes grolt, yes indeed. i actually just bought a netlink with virtual-on and sega rally, and i should have saturn bomberman on the way too. so hopefully within a couple of weeks i will have things in place to start playing some games. i get the sense that there is very little netlink activity going on! unfortunately everyone is so spaced out geographically, it makes it a bit difficult. once i get my netlink stuff and some kind of unlimited long distance, i will be putting myself out there and requesting some playtime. i just hope everyone else is as patient.
segasaturndude

Re: The actual Netlink League?

Post by segasaturndude »

xDerekRx wrote:Sorry for posting a ton of threads! But this has become my 2nd home for Saturn discussion thanks to a handful of you that have been helpful. In fact I dont know of a good Sega Saturn forum in general. The only one Ive seen thats active is the UK one but those people annoy me, they seem to have been born in 2001 and cant stand the site of games like Duke Nukem. I mean come on!

Back on topic, does the Netlink League still exist in any form? I think I remmeber coming here 2 years ago, but not posting, and saw there were leaderboards.
:sigh: kids these days dont like old games, but i do and i was born in 1992, im a big fan of audio/video equipment of the late 1980's to late 1990's as with gaming consoles
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Ya wow that is impressive. Only 17 and to appreciate the Saturn.

Im 23 and grew up with the system so its nostalgia heaven and it still rocks.

Hows Colorado, snowing? P)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

it was very cool and it snowed quite alot last week, this weeks its in the 70's
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image