What is everyone playing?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

xDerekRx wrote:Ive been meaning to snag Dracula for Saturn. I wish they had a proper US release like PSX had.

Kat I agree. I actually played Panzer 1/2 before Saga. Kinda in order. I just beat Saga a few weeks ago it was so great.

Im currently addicted to House of the Dead again so thats what Im playing now.

Its still one of the best light gunners because of the multiple paths. Its a bit tougher than expected with the light gun though. It doesnt calibrate as clean as youd like but Im ok with the challenge.
Oh man, I've never even seen a copy of House of the Dead for Saturn ..well aside from that awful/awesome Uwe Boll movie but I would SO buy it if I saw it. And ya it is too bad that SoTN was never released for Saturn here BUT here's something you might be interested in. The Policenauts translation patch for PSX is finally done. After they finish beta testing it and release it they're going to move on to the Saturn version, which is the one I've bought and been waiting for. But who am I kidding? I'll probably download the PSX patch and just pirate it to play until the Saturn version's ready. I've been waiting to play that game ever since I beat Snatcher for SEGA CD.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

I finally got an NES and it only took me 23 years. So I've been playing through the first games I got for it which are Faxanadu, Deja Vu & Snake's Revenge. I'm thinking of getting Bionic Commando next but does anyone here have any reccomendations for games I should look out for? As a life long SEGA fan, I'm sure there are alot of great obscure titles for the NES I haven't yet heard of. So far, I also have SMB1, SMB3, & Blades of Steel.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Street Fighter 2010, Battle Toads, Crystalis, Zelda and Zelda 2, All the Mega Mans....and Duck Tales. Seriously.
Game collection on my site.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

JerryTerrifying wrote:Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Street Fighter 2010, Battle Toads, Crystalis, Zelda and Zelda 2, All the Mega Mans....and Duck Tales. Seriously.
Well I already have all the Megaman games on the Anniversary Collection as well as Zelda 1 & 2 on that GC compilation disc. Also I'd much rather get Ninja Gaiden for Master System, have you ever played that one? it's siick! But I've heard good things about Duck Tales. Was it made by Capcm like Rescue Rangers was?
Manji

Post by Manji »

katsujinken wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Street Fighter 2010, Battle Toads, Crystalis, Zelda and Zelda 2, All the Mega Mans....and Duck Tales. Seriously.
But I've heard good things about Duck Tales. Was it made by Capcm like Rescue Rangers was?
Rescue Rangers also made by capcom and also recommended. here are some other NES games you should try: Blaster Master, Metroid, Lifeforce, Metal Storm, Contra, TMNT II, Bubble Bobble.
grolt

Post by grolt »

All the Capcom NES platformers own. Duck Tales is the best of the best, and Rescue Rangers is all out fun. Little Nemo: The Dream Master is another Capcom gem, and quite underrated. You get to change into a number of different animals to accomplish different tasks - sort of like what SEGA did (and better) with Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap on the SMS. I even like Yo! Noid for the quirky character and solid physics.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

When I was a kid, Ninja Gaiden was the best. I played Ninja Gaiden 1-2 to death, remember getting #2 for Xmas and playing it forever.

MegaMan games are good as well, my brother would get those. Always enjoyable.

Obviously the gems of the system are the Mario games. Everyone is simply fantastic and playable today. (#3 being the best!)

I never played the Duck Tales games but I do know #2 is not easily found.

Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle is a personal favorite of mine. Its 80 level sidescroller thats really fun and somewhat really hard.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Ninja Gaiden was boss, but it started getting stupid in the second(?) game where the weather conditions would just randomly change throughout the level and there was no longer any technique to wall jumping.

Seriously go out and buy Duck Tales. It's like $5 on eBay. Or better yet get Little Nemo, that one's even cheaper.

The music in both are so legendary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_80PQ543rM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76dPBLk2QnE
That's fly.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I acutally preffer not having to do that wall jump maneuver in Ninja Gaiden 1. Lol watch my review of Ninja Gaiden on my youtube...that's the only complaint I had and it was very very minor.
Game collection on my site.
salsays

Post by salsays »

I'm actually playing Magic Knight Rayearth on the Saturn right now.
As well as some Street Fighter 3rd strike which I use in my casuals gameplay sessions with other fighting game fans at my house.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

salsays wrote:I'm actually playing Magic Knight Rayearth on the Saturn right now.
Sweet!

I love the theme songs and animation to that series... but I've never actually watched much of it, nor have I played more than a few minutes of the game. It looks fun though...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
salsays

Post by salsays »

The game is amazing its one of my fav games of all time. The series as well is one of my all time fav I consider it one of the best anime of all tiime.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I hear Magic Knight was a so-so game? I know it was the final US release so ill have to get it one of these days.

Currently replaying the original Silent Hill on PS1. Good time of year to bust it out :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

I haven't played MKR yet, but I do proudly display it in my collection. There are too many games to play, and since most of the ones I'm aiming to play are RPGs that means it'll take much longer to finally get to playing all the ones I want. Right now I'm actually working my way through the Phantasy Star games. I'm about 2/3 done the second game. Pretty good so far, but at this point it's getting a little tedious with all the forced grinding and the palette swap dungeons. At this point there have only been two boss battles in the game, too. Weak! Still, an improved story over the first, which I guess is the main thing. I know PSIII gets a lot of flak, but I'm really looking forward to that one. It's got the best music and four alternate endings. I don't mind the traditional olden tymes setting, either. Bring it!
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

grolt wrote:it's getting a little tedious with all the forced grinding and the palette swap dungeons.
The true signs of a classic game. =P

I'm back to playing Fallout 3, along with some Left 4 Dead and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm also itching to play Phantasy Star 0, which I just picked up for my DS (hope it has online play...), and Persona, which I got for my PSP.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!