What is everyone playing?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:I haven't been playing anything on Sega lately. I just started playing Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake on the MGS3 bonus disc. It's the only main Metal Gear game I haven't beaten yet.
I should get around to those. Did you play the original Metal Gear? The one on the bonus disc, not the NES remake.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I havent posted in a while. Still playing Panzer Saga. Im right at the end and vowed not to come back here til i finish. Should be soon :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I haven't been playing much of anything since I've been working on my old car project pretty steadily with any spare time I have:

http://www.macswebs.com/richl79/65tudorwagon/index.html

Click the "firing the 427" link to see a video of firing the engine for the first time. Vroom! Vroom!
Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I'm jealous of all three of your vehicles. Im' also jealous of all the people in the pictures who look like they're helping you.....and the facility. If a I had a place liek you do I'd be out there working on a car right now....but I don't.....but all of your vehicles look beautiful and nice work!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Cars aren't really my thing. Old electronics, on the other hand... :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I like everything old....electronics, cars....anything.....I just think it had much better designs and the technology was much better thought out. I mean consoles these days don't even try to look good....and neither do cars. You can't tell any company's car apart from another til your close enough to see the company logo.....cars from the earlier years....one look at them and you'd know the make and model like instantly.

I just think most thing smade today in junk (especially the Xbox 360.....it's like Microsoft was trying to put out the biggest piece of crap they could yet still get people to buy it.....and don't even let me talk about Pepsi's new logos....cause I seriously think some graphic designer was just making a joke and they later found out Pepsi accepted his crappy terrible designs and probably died in laughter).

Perhaps people will start demanding quality again since money's tighter instead of cheap crap that breaks and you just replace it instead of repairing it. Oh the PS3 is sooooo expensive......ummmm not in retrospect....no not at all. Both the Turbografx 16 and Saturn cost 400 at launch...which in today cuurency is around 600 dollars.....even the genesis which at that time cost 189 at launch I beleive would come out to over 300 dollars in today's money. People just don't understand that you can't get quality for nothing.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't agree with everything you said there... I don't mind the Wii or 360's designs. They're not all that special, but I don't mind them. The PS3, though, needs a different shape, imo.

The fragility of all three systems, though... that needs some work.

I think the biggest problem with the high prices is that people have come to expect cheaper systems after the price drops of the previous generations. Also, when that same money is competing for food and other necessities... $600, or even $400, is a pretty big hurdle to jump.
Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

Mostly Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Nocturne in the Moonlight) and Hexen: Beyond Heretic.
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Warp2063 wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:I haven't been playing anything on Sega lately. I just started playing Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake on the MGS3 bonus disc. It's the only main Metal Gear game I haven't beaten yet.
I should get around to those. Did you play the original Metal Gear? The one on the bonus disc, not the NES remake.
Yeah I've beat Metal Gear on NES and on the MGS3 Bonus disc. I like when you beat it on the MGS3 bonus disc you get a Bandana like in MGS1...that was a cute touch.
Game collection on my site.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I'm playing a bit of The Sims 3.

Now I'm hooking up my Saturn again to play some games. ^^
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
katsujinken

Re: What is everyone playing?

Post by katsujinken »

xDerekRx wrote:Just to keep things moving until I get me damn phone hookup in, What Saturn games have you all played lately?

Last game I played was:

Primal Rage! Fun fighter

Before that I beat Panzer Dragoon for the first time!
Me too! I got "Panzer Dragoon Saga" a few years back and thought "Heck, so long as I have this, I don't need the limited rail shooter prequels." Wrong. I just got a copy of Panzer Dragoon a couple of weeks ago and it's a great great game. Now I'm definately going to have to track down a copy of Zwei. Other than that, I've been playing "Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow", which I also just finally got around to picking up, but even more so I've been playing alot of "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" for Wii. It's amazing, I'm a massive Ghostbusters fan and zapping ghosts with my Wii Remote is really all I've wanted from that system since day one.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've never been able to get into the Castlevania series. I like the music, I like the stories, but I'm just not that great at sidescrollers, and I don't feel like taking the time to practice just to beat the game.

I'm going to have to look for someone's speed runthroughs on YouTube or something. That way I can get the best of the games without actually playing them or something.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

Warp2063 wrote:I've never been able to get into the Castlevania series. I like the music, I like the stories, but I'm just not that great at sidescrollers, and I don't feel like taking the time to practice just to beat the game.

I'm going to have to look for someone's speed runthroughs on YouTube or something. That way I can get the best of the games without actually playing them or something.
Oh they're great games, and the beauty part is that you don't have to practice to beat them, you can just level grind to a point where you'd have to try to die. You can always go back to save rooms to refill health and save for free and in the meantime just wander around exploring to find new items which can also upgrade your stats.
Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

He's right, and NitM/SotN is a pretty easy one for Castlevainia games. If you just feel like tooling around and not actually having to finish the game you can choose one of the other characters other than Alucard. You'll have free-roam (other than obstacles) and a very powerful character, just no story. You can only do this on the Saturn version though. Personally I thought the RPG factor was a bit much in this game, made it feel a little less like a Castlevainia game even thought it was one of the best.
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Ive been meaning to snag Dracula for Saturn. I wish they had a proper US release like PSX had.

Kat I agree. I actually played Panzer 1/2 before Saga. Kinda in order. I just beat Saga a few weeks ago it was so great.

Im currently addicted to House of the Dead again so thats what Im playing now.

Its still one of the best light gunners because of the multiple paths. Its a bit tougher than expected with the light gun though. It doesnt calibrate as clean as youd like but Im ok with the challenge.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!