Does anyone miss the old sega tv commercials?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
grolt

Post by grolt »

At the start of the Saturn campaign they tried to brand themselves a bit differently, and I think that was one of the things that hurt them in the long run. Midway through the Saturn's life they reverted back to the tried and true "SEGA!!!" scream, with that cool head morphing according to the game (horns for NiGHTS, a spiked necklace for Fighting Vipers, etc.).

I always thought that demo disc that came with the original Saturns, with the bald man in smoke speaking in his best Big Brother voice, was rad. Such a fully executed promotion that really sold the atmosphere and aura of the system. I remember when I first got the system I'd play that more than the bundled games!
That's fly.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I remember as a kid, Saturn was something I really wanted. I was a big fan of the genesis, and really didn't even take notice of the Playstation until Resident Evil came out. By the time I was ripe for a new console though, Saturn was at the bottom of my list, below N64 and Playstation. It's too bad- more traditional marketing could have smoothed the transition for a huge base of Genesis fans.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
EverestX

Post by EverestX »

I have a pretty extensive collection of the commercials myself. My personal 2 favorites are for aladin on gen and my all time fav is the Nights into dreams US commercial. It's the one with a PSX in it.

Thanks for the link i am going to down them to my personal collection!
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

SEGA Does What Nintendon't! I loved that! OR how bout the one where they straped a tv on a dragster and that was sega. then straped a tv on an ice cream truck and that was nintendo. classic!