OK WHO WANTS TO PLAY?!?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

OK WHO WANTS TO PLAY?!?

Post by xDerekRx »

Alright I figured I started 6 straight threads on the NETLINK forum for a reason.

finally the time has come to try my Saturn Netlink!

My AIM screen name is xDerekRx. I want to try and set up a test game with someone.

I have Sega Rally, Virtua On (although not at my house as we speak.) I have Duke Nukem and Bomberman should be coming in tomorrow finally.

So for now Im thinking Duke Nukem. Or tomorrow Sega Rally for sure!

I cant wait. I hope this works.
Manji

Post by Manji »

your enthusiasm is awesome, but dont get discouraged if no one finds time to play right away. good luck though and i hope you and someone else here can get a game on 8) . i would be excited too. i need to get the right equipment first as i dont have netlink hardware or any netlinkable games. duke nukem would be cool, i like FPS.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji wrote:your enthusiasm is awesome, but dont get discouraged if no one finds time to play right away. good luck though and i hope you and someone else here can get a game on 8) . i would be excited too. i need to get the right equipment first as i dont have netlink hardware or any netlinkable games. duke nukem would be cool, i like FPS.
manji u have no netlink, no games! what purpose do you serve! just kidding. buy some and lets play!
Manji

Post by Manji »

xDerekRx wrote:manji u have no netlink, no games! what purpose do you serve! just kidding. buy some and lets play!

lol, it's true. i serve no purpose. i'm looking into it though, that's why i joined this site :wink:. does netlink hardware come with the phone cords you need? i saw a netlink, web browser disc, virtual on and sega rally being sold for $25 but it doesnt come with anything else and i'm pretty sure i need some kind of wire to run from the saturn to my phone jack.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

You just need a regular old phone cable. You can get em at the drug store probably. Depends on how long you need but 5-10 bucks.
MAXIMUSpowers

Post by MAXIMUSpowers »

You can get a new netlink of ebay for about $15. It comes with all the cables required. The cable is a standard modem lead which are very very easy and cheap to come by.
Netlink Games:
Daytona
Duke Nukem

Currently developing a 3D racing game for the Saturn with Rockin B. If anyone would be interested in coding Netlink support, contact me
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

WARP did were you able to play at any point this week? Id like to give it a test run. I have every game now cept for Daytona.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I might be able to. What phone service did you end up getting?

Note: for any game that I have to dial for, I have to ask permission because I'll be making long-distance calls. So I can't play many games for long if I'm the one dialing.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp2063 wrote:I might be able to. What phone service did you end up getting?

Note: for any game that I have to dial for, I have to ask permission because I'll be making long-distance calls. So I can't play many games for long if I'm the one dialing.
Warp I will be the dialer then.

I got an interesting plan that was very affordable.

I went with Verizon. They told me on the phone the connection was analog. And of course it simply runs through my old phone line.

Basically I got a plan that separates In State and Long Distance. Since we are both in NY State I get that free. But Long Distance plan I was able to get 4 cents a minute. So if I play someone in Ohio I assume that kicks in.

Are you on the hook as much if I call you?

We can plan on tomorrow or Tuesday if you like. Just let me know when you are free. And you can name the game.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

If someone else is doing the dialing, I still have to check in, but there shouldn't be much keeping us from playing.

I don't really care which game we play; I'm not good at any of them. =P Bomberman or Sega Rally would be my first choices, I guess.

There's not really a good time today, but almost any time Tuesday evening will probably be fine.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Ok Warp. Lets plan on evening tomorrow.

Im cool with playing Bomber and/or Sega Rally. We should play Bomber first. I have yet to play this with a 2nd player but I can imagine it being very fun. (Im not good at these games either so dont worry).
grolt

Post by grolt »

Good luck on the game, guys. I hope it all works out. I need to get a game setup myself, it's been too long...
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

It would be great to get a regular group of people playing again. Maybe get the league set up in some form.

I actually leave for a trip to italy/spain Friday and won be back for 10 days. So If I dont get a game in now, Ill be back right after.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!