My netlink review/overview

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
JerryTerrifying

My netlink review/overview

Post by JerryTerrifying »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVilZGAmr30

I made a video this morning giving a brief overview of the Netlink. There's not to much info on the internet about this amazing peice of gaming history. I posted a link on another forum and it's gotten a pretty good response out of the gate so I figured I come her and post a link, a little shameless self promotion never hurt anone right?
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

nice video. spread the netlink love! in the most healthiest way possible of course.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Nice video Jerry.

Im going to be doing Netlink review/ Netlink full Gameplay videos next week when I start playing.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Nice videos, Jerry; it was good to see all the actual NetLink play too. Brings back good memories of when I took mine online for some Duke action, as well. Hopefully down the line you'll be able to make a video for each game, that would be great. Getting two people to legitimately own Daytona is a stretch, though. :wink:
That's fly.
JerryTerrifying

grolt wrote:Nice videos, Jerry; it was good to see all the actual NetLink play too. Brings back good memories of when I took mine online for some Duke action, as well. Hopefully down the line you'll be able to make a video for each game, that would be great. Getting two people to legitimately own Daytona is a stretch, though. :wink:
I would love to! I'm going to order a cheap capture device and redo the video of the menus and the actual gameplay. I found a capture device for $15 that should work ok for the small investment. The hard part will be tracking the games down, I'm way to broke to pay ebay prices. Do you think there's anyone on here that can help out with tracking down a few copies of at least Virtual on and Bomberman? Those are the two I'm most interested in as I'm awful at racing games, that's my girlfriends specialty lol.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Jerry, I have my Saturn hooked up through my DVD recorder and it works so easily and transfers to the computer really well. Not saying your "camera" in front of TV isnt good but its cleaner just getting a straight feed.

Ill be making videos next week of hopefully Duke, Bomber and Virtua On Netlink play.

You beat me to the Duke Nukem one. You have to let me get first dibs on Bomberman Netlink video!

Jerry also, whats your AIM screename. I must add you so we can play. I get my phone service hooked up Monday.

Also you said you wanted Bomber/Virtua On? Ebay is really your best bet. You can get Virtua On for 15-25. Bomberman you can get for 40-45 now.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

I don't I couldn't find Virtual On netlink Edition at all and I only saw Saturn Bomberman for like $60-70 bucks.

Lol I'm just glad I got the first footage of any online netlink video to youtube, that's enough dork glory for me. Too bad you're getting footage of the better games. I'm ordering a cheap capture device though, I've heard of using DVD recorders but I like the idea of a capture card more.

If you see a copy of virtual on netlink edition though send me a link I'm definitely interested in that one.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

JerryTerrifying wrote:I don't I couldn't find Virtual On netlink Edition at all and I only saw Saturn Bomberman for like $60-70 bucks.

Lol I'm just glad I got the first footage of any online netlink video to youtube, that's enough dork glory for me. Too bad you're getting footage of the better games. I'm ordering a cheap capture device though, I've heard of using DVD recorders but I like the idea of a capture card more.

If you see a copy of virtual on netlink edition though send me a link I'm definitely interested in that one.
Jerry we actually got beat to it. There is a video of Sega Rally, Daytona, and Virtua On. Just none of Duke and Bomberman. You took down Duke. Ill finish it with Bomber :)

And for the record, Duke is the best game. Its my favorite Saturn game.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Video of offline gameplay, yes. I saw that months ago. Not a single video of actual netlink matches, or a video explaining what the netlink is and how it works. There's also a video that shows the menu of the Netlink but he doesn't go into any of the options. I totally claim that nerd glory! And you can too! You'll get to show off the first online footage of Bomberman which seems to be the most popular series of the 5 Netlink games, so that's very cool. I think its very important showing that Netlink still works and that you will always be able to play these games online so long as there's a phone line to play on.

But if you do see some copies of Virtual on netlink on ebay, please send me a link! I really want that game and would love to play it on netlink.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I can't wait to start posting gameplay videos! I hope that recordings of the Saturn look better via my recording method than the Genesis did - I'd like to think it was the Genesis at fault for the poor video quality rather than the recorder. I'd better pick up some Y-cables soon so that I can actually see what I'm doing on my TV instead of the tiny 2" screen...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Lol looks like I picked to right time to get my vids up so I can yell "First!"
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

JerryTerrifying wrote:Lol looks like I picked to right time to get my vids up so I can yell "First!"
Jerry the only thing I wish you did was make a seemless video showing you connect to the person and drop into gameplay. I was interested to see how that all looked.

ill try to get a Duke Nukem video up myself on Monday. Building on your pioneer effort.

And I saw someone post actual Netlink gameplay before with a couple games. Showing how they connected. Not sure if it was Youtube or another site.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I was pretty sure I'd seen some on YouTube before.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp2063 wrote:I was pretty sure I'd seen some on YouTube before.
Yeah there are. Lets let Jerry have a couple seconds of glory though :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

xDerekRx wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:I was pretty sure I'd seen some on YouTube before.
Yeah there are. Lets let Jerry have a couple seconds of glory though :)
Pooh. But the only ones I've seen have all said they're offline.