Mission Stick Help?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

Mission Stick Help?

Post by xDerekRx »

I acquired a huge lot of Saturn stuff from Craigslist last night. Ill post it in the buy thread later when I sort it out.

One of things I finally have is the Mission Stick.

However I dont know if it works. I tried it with CONGO and nothing worked for me. Im going to try it with some other games but will be pissed if its broken.

The reason I dont think its broken is due to 99% of the lot this girl gave me was MINT. All of the games were mint, never played, all with foam still in them. The system and controllers all look brand new.

Anyone have any ideas on the mission stick?
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I have no idea what to do. I tried 6 games, that are said to mission stick compatible.

I start the system up, and none of the buttons work. I took off the back panel. All the wires look connected to the board.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've never owned one before. Without any experience with one, the only thing I could do is look at it directly. Sorry. :(
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

they are hard to find even on Ebay.

But another Saturn lot popped up on Craigslist today with another one, I might just buy the stick off this guy
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

First thing to do is check to see if it works at all in the Saturn's main menu. Any of the buttons, anything? Then, test it with other games.

This page reports that the Mission Stick may not be compatible with Congo... http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/ ... 6393/13286

If worst came to worst, and no game I tested it on worked, I'd probably crack it open and run some tests with my multimeter. First I'd test to make sure that the main cable running between the stick and the Saturn wasn't damaged.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp it doesnt work in the menu. Im picking up another one today and will compare.

If it doest work, do you want it warp? I give it to you for the cost of shipping. Or ill actually be in rochester in a week or so
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Depending on where and when you'll be in Rochester, we could meet up. Or you could ship it. Either way. I'm in no hurry to mess with it, as I'm working on plenty of other projects at the same time. It's probably something I'd look at on a whim.