Netlink Leaderboards

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
xDerekRx

Netlink Leaderboards

Post by xDerekRx »

Ok now that we have people playing sort of regularly now, I think we should get the leaderboards back up.

Xranger if youre still lurking maybe you can do this for us? That would rock!

I guess now suggestions for how it should work.

There are basically 4 games we all have or can be found easily. Maybe we do a simple W-L record for each.

Example:

Duke Nukem: First to 20 kills gets a W on the leaderboard. Then the match ends.

Bomerbman: You play 3 win matches. First to 3 wins the match. we could do 1 W on the leader board for every match won.

OR

I think it might work better as a ladder system. This was it can always change. For those not familar with the ladder system: If you have 4 players. If #5 beats #1, he moves up halfway on the ladder. So hed now be #3. If the person right behind you beats you, the rank is switched. So if #2 beats #1, they swap. But if #1 keeps winning he stays. Im not sure how the extent of it works but if #4 beats #5, I dont think #4 moves anywhere.
Last edited by xDerekRx on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea there should be a system in place. did there used to be a ranking or win/loss tracking in the past? to be honest, i'm not sure how long this site has been up and running and connecting people :oops: .

what about those who live in other countries? if nobody can call them or vice versa, they can't really participate. so maybe the #1 ranked individual couldnt be challenged because of barriers like this. there might have to be regional rankings.

but i still agree there should be a kind of leaderboard for the people who do get to use the netlink often enough.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji, I dont think anyone overseas can play netlink or even will play

They never released the Netlink in Europe, only test release in Finland. Also they say the phone lines might be different for the modem.

I really think worldwide, wed be the only people reporting to the ladder.

Also manji when can you play again!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Manji

Post by Manji »

i'll probably go out tonight and get a cheap phone for use downstairs. after that, i think things will be good to go. i hope so at least! so i'd like to try things out later tonight or tomorrow.

after that, it would be good to start some ranking and win/loss tracking 8)
Last edited by Manji on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji Ill be good to play all night just hit me on aim.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Manji, I dont think anyone overseas can play netlink or even will play
There are definitely people in Europe who can and are willing to play (they've bought US Saturns and games for just that purpose, and while the connectors may be different, the line standards are pretty much compatible)... but international calling is expensive, and the distance usually means that the game doesn't run too smoothly.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Since I think it is going to be tough for even all the active members to play each other (with long distance fees, etc.) I think the best method for stats would be just a list of active players and their record beside them (WINS-LOSSES). Any kind of leaderboard is a good idea, though. That'll keep the incentive up for playing. I've got a 2 and 0 record so far. :)
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Thats not a bad idea Grolt.

Heck Ill do an unofficial stats thread until Xranger re-adds the leaderboards and such.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On