SMS, Genesis/Mega Drive, Saturn, or Dreamcast

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.

SMS, Genesis/Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast?

SMS
9%
Genesis/Mega Drive
64%
Saturn
27%

Total votes: 11

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I had over 500 games in my collection over all of my systems at one point. I've since sold a bunch and bought others, so I don't know how many I have now. I really should go through and do a recount.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

How many are not bootlegs? :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:How many are not bootlegs? :)
In fact, none of them were bootlegs. That count was before I ever made a bootleg console disc, and I didn't count any ROMs, ISOs, or PC games in that figure. Even now I have a grand total of maybe 10 bootlegged console discs, and about half of those are of games I now own legal copies of (or at least their Japanese counterparts). When I made that list, it covered my PS1, PS2, GameCube, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS, PSP, Xbox, and Xbox 360 games (and the single Dreamcast disc I owned at the time).

I don't make bootlegged discs lightly, and I NEVER count them as part of my actual games collection.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

My first SEGA console believe it or not was the Dreamcast. I was a hardcore Nintendo fan who didn't make room for anyone else. That changed with the release of the 3DO and then I tryed a DC. My biased hate for SEGA wained and I got a LaserActive with the Genesis add-on and eventually a Saturn. I love the Saturn now but the Dreamcast should have put the beat-down on the competition... but we know how that played out.
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

...Wow. Some uncommon to rare systems in there. How'd you get ahold of those?
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah the Laseractive...that's pretty hardcore. The only one I've ever seen on eba was going for $1,000 or so.

My game collection as of last count is 426 and those are all real games. If you counted my bootleg Sega CD, 3do and Saturn games I'd probably be around 475 games but I don't count that as part of the collection. While I might enjoy playing those hard to find games they have 0 value.
Game collection on my site.

$1000 on e-bay? Try $1,600 when it came out! Luckily for me I got it off a friend who kept everything including the box.
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Is there any [good] reason for me to get a 3D0? Now I'm curious.
JerryTerrifying

3DO is pretty awesome. It's got the best console port of Castle Wolfenstein and some other great games. Plus there's no copy protection so burning the games is super easy if you're interested intrying before you buy.

3DO is wicked! Most of the games are 3D ones but there great games for it like Killing Time, Escape from Monster Manor, HELL: A Cyberpunk Thriller, D, Daedalus Encounter, GEX, Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, Wing Commander III: Heart Of The Tiger, and yes the best port of Wolfenstein 3D... The list goes on and on.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

So, if I get one, should I get an FZ-1 or FZ-10? And where is a good place to get those games...?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Warp2063 wrote:So, if I get one, should I get an FZ-1 or FZ-10? And where is a good place to get those games...?
Which one? The original Panasonic tray 3DO (FZ-1) or the top-loader (FZ-10)? I think I've heard to stay away from the Goldstar one.
JerryTerrifying

I have the one with the flip top, two actually, I preffer flip tops over anything with a slide out tray. Especially on something so old.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

The order which I got my SEGA systems is...
Genesis
SEGA CD
Nomad
32X
Dreamcast
Saturn
Master System
Game Gear

The order which I got all my systems is...
Atari 2600
Game Boy
Turbografx-16
Genesis
SEGA CD
Nomad
N64
32X
Dreamcast
Saturn
Game Boy Advance
Master System
Game Gear
DS
PS2
Wii
PSP

I no longer have my 2600 and I haven't done a count in many months but it should be about 290 games across all platforms at this point (not including PC). I try to keep a pretty distilled collection of the best of the best for each system because I also have a pretty extensive collection of DVDs, records, as well as books and space is limited. However, none of my collections for any system is yet complete and there are still systems which I'd like to start new collections for.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Awesome collection!

I should do a recount of what I have, too.