Netlink Setup Question

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
JJC5150

Netlink Setup Question

Post by JJC5150 »

Hi everyone, Im fairly new to the site and I just had a quick question for all of you. Im in the process of getting a netlink, and ive been finding a whole bunch on ebay as of late, some are new/complete, and some are just the netlink without the cd, etc. So my question is this, Do I need the cd to setup my settings (like with the Dreamcast)? I know the cd is used to browse the net, etc - but if im just playing games with you guys online do I need the cd?
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

You just need the Netlink itself. You put in all your settings by using one of the games its compatable with. Maybe you can do it with the browser CD but mine's still shrinkwrapped so I wouldn't know hahaha.

But I'd say get a complete one. I got mine in the box still shrink wrapped for $20 total...but if you don't have the funds just get the Netlink itself.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yeah, there's two sets of settings which are both independent of each other.

There are:
The NetLink settings: Basically your User Name, your Taunt, recently dialed number, etc. These settings can be set up by any NetLink game disc, and are used by all of them. Very easy and self-explanatory.

The PlanetWeb Browser settings: These are all the settings that you need to connect to a dial-up internet service provider. Your account name with them, your password, the number to dial to connect to their service, etc. More complicated.

The browser can't use the NetLink-compatible game settings, and vice versa. They're totally independent. So, if all you want to do is play with us, all you need is a NetLink and a compatible game. Well, a working analog phone line, too, but hopefully that goes without saying. The browser is totally optional.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Id also recommend grabbing a brand new one for 15-20$. They are all over Ebay and everything is nice and new. But if you dont wanna fork the dough, you can usually find just the modem for 1-3$ by itself
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!