Recently

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
circuscommando

Recently

Post by circuscommando »

hello everyone, i'm new here, but a very big fan of older games, and certainly Sega. Over the summer i acquired a saturn, and with it Cyber troopers: virtual On (a favorite, definitely) and it's netlink edition! When i get the money/time i will order the netlink so we can play online. I'm not pro yet, but i have a pair of Sat Twin sticks.
Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy advance, Gameboy SP, Ds, PSP.
Manji

Post by Manji »

cool. i'm always up for a game. welcome to the forum :)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I wish I had the sticks for it - the regular controller makes mech handling a little tough, in my opinion.

Welcome!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji wrote:cool. i'm always up for a game. welcome to the forum :)
Manj we should really get some more games going, been too long. You still evolvingcells on AIM? havent seen you on recently.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

xDerekRx wrote: Manj we should really get some more games going, been too long. You still evolvingcells on AIM? havent seen you on recently.
i dont log in too often for whatever reason :? . but yea, still the same name, and i'll be sure to make myself available so we can get some games in. if anybody doesnt know, XDerekRx is really great at Duke deathmatches. beats me almost everytime :lol:

me and jerryterrifying had a good Bomberman and Virtual-On session last time we played a couple weeks ago.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji you smoked me at Sega Rally last time we played so I think you caught me in that game. Bomber/Virtua On I remember were close too.

Youll have my number in Duke one of these days but I grew up on FPS so and Duke so I should be ok at it :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Lol Manji wooped my ass like every round haha. I think I came close to winning a round of in Virtual On. I just uploaded one of those Bomberman matches to youtube. I was really off that day. :P The last time I got in any netlinking in I won almost all of the matches of Virtual On but of course I wasn't recording that hahaha!

I would love to get my hands on a Twin Stick to see if it handles any better. If anything can make that camera suck less I'd be willing to put some money down on it. Just the concept of online robot fighting is enough to put up with the terrible camera...but man that's a game that would benefit from modern twin analog stick control schemes.

I don't think that dude posts on here...just lurked for a while and hit me up on AIM or maybe saw me on Gfaqs talking about the netlink. I was surprised that we had no lag at all as he's from Colorado. XDerekX and I have always had a ton of lag...with Manji our connections are usually pretty stable with a hiccup here or there from time to time but that dude in Colorado we had a perfect connection the whole time.
Game collection on my site.
circuscommando

Post by circuscommando »

the sticks are definitely worth it, it handles much easier and turning is much simpler as is dashing, and most everything. it's a different gaming experience. Virtual On: oratorio Tangram just came out for Xbox live.
Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy advance, Gameboy SP, Ds, PSP.