Looking for....

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Fruity-manderzx8

Looking for....

Post by Fruity-manderzx8 »

Hello, i am new here.

I recently discovered that my Sega Saturn can go online! With only having Sonic Jam the whole time i've had my Saturn, i really want Bomerman and the Netlink. The Problem is, is i cant find then without being super expensive.

Could anyone tell me, or link some low prices on Bomberman and netlink?

Thank you! I will be looking forward to playing you ^^ :P
"This is for the haters, they got nothing to prove, If they didn't hate on me they'd have nothing to do"
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey fruit welcome!! We could use some more people playing netlink!!

-The Netlink modem itself isnt that expensive. I bought a Brand New in box one for 15$ and a backup one for 2$ both on ebay.

This is actually a great value. Its a Boxed Netlink modem with Virtua On and Sega Rally for 20$

http://cgi.ebay.com/NETLINK-Adapter-Kit ... 5883d8680e
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Fruity-manderzx8

Post by Fruity-manderzx8 »

xDerekRx wrote:Hey fruit welcome!! We could use some more people playing netlink!!

-The Netlink modem itself isnt that expensive. I bought a Brand New in box one for 15$ and a backup one for 2$ both on ebay.

This is actually a great value. Its a Boxed Netlink modem with Virtua On and Sega Rally for 20$

http://cgi.ebay.com/NETLINK-Adapter-Kit ... 5883d8680e

Whoa, that is super cheap!!!!

I thank you, i just came across bomberman when i was playing Sonic jam, I've always wanted it as a child, now, that I'm grown up i looked for it, i couldn't believe my eyes how much it was!
"This is for the haters, they got nothing to prove, If they didn't hate on me they'd have nothing to do"
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Unfortunately, because Bomberman is still such a great game (and can be played with lots of players on a single console via a multitap), it hasn't really dropped in price like some of the other NetLink games. People tend to hold onto it, and it tends to sell for a decent amount. I haven't been able to win an auction on a US one yet... the bidding competition is pretty fierce.

Sorry to start off with a sad note. Welcome! New players are always welcome! :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

If youre patient you can get a bomberman at a decent price.

I waited and got an absolute mint/complete one for 40$ buy it now.

Alot of the Netlink games have dropped mostly due to them being playable on Xbox live and elsewhere. But Saturn Bomberman, even though on Xbox Live, still is considered the best graphics and multiplayer.

I personally dont think its the best game ever, but its fun playing on Netlink with people. Still trying to get a 2vs2 netlink game going on it!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Still trying to get a 2vs2 netlink game going on it!
I still don't think that's possible. I thought it was confirmed that NetLink was limited to 1v1 on Bomberman.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Actually, 2v2 NetLink is a feature of Bomberman, the only such NetLink game to do so. I had a few 2v2 games in my time. If one of the NetLink players is solo, they are provided with a cpu player.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah Warp its a cool little feature. 2 people on each system. You cant do 4 diff systems with 4 diff netlinks but its still cool.

Hey Ranger when you going to start playing with us :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I don't know what everyone elses stance on piracy is but if yo've got the round button Saturn for $25 you can get a modchip from www.segastyle.com. I got it specifically for Panzer Dragoon Saga and all those other $50+ Saturn games. What surprises me is I still buy games for it lol. I like the cases and manuals I guess.

But if you've got a round button Saturn, $25 bucks and a phillips screw driver you can slap a mod chip in there in about 10 minutes and have access to every super expensive Saturn game. You don't even have to solder. You can solder the power wire in but I just jabbed it in there snuggly and it's been working fine for months.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I prefer to have the actual games and cases... but yeah, I have a modchip for my Saturn. There are a few games I'm probably never going to be able to get ahold of, at least at a reasonable price. I use my modchip mainly for those games. Although right now, the Saturn that was housing the modchip also happens to be the one I was building the region mod for... and since I haven't finished that, the system is still in a pile of pieces in a box. I carefully labeled all the parts as I disassembled it, so I'll be able to put it back together properly whenever I attempt it. Right now I've been using the Saturn that was sent to me all ready for the swap trick. (Although I didn't know it was set up that way when I received it, and the seller claimed he didn't know it was set up that way when he sent it.)
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I prefer the cases and manuals too. And to be honest. I wouldnt enjoy a game that much if I just downloaded and burned it.

The fun of saving up to buy an expensive complete Saturn game almost help you enjoy all that much more. Saturn cases/manuals are also really sweet for a collector, like books on a shelf.

I will probably mod one of my 3 eventually just to have for extreme circumstances.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Well the Mod chips great for crap that you don't know if you really want it or not. Like I've burned a bunch of crap that I wouldn't mind playing for free but definitely don't want to cough up any cash. Like Mega Man 8, I've played it on ps1 and the Mega Man Collection. And just being able to try any gae first is really cool. I've bought things that I've burnt just because I saw them for the right price with good cases and do like having the cases lined up nicely.

I don't know, saving up $150 bucks to buy one game probably wouldn't do anything for me lol.
Game collection on my site.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

xDerekRx wrote:Hey Ranger when you going to start playing with us :)
You know, I think I wanna start playing again soon. Much to my chagrin, I recently realized that due to having Verizon FIOS in my phone, the service is basically VOIP. But I'll due what's necessary (using another house) to play.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Man, the VOIP incompatibility drives me crazy. It's a Catch 22 - with VOIP you can get some insanely cheap long distance rates, making it possible to finally connect with anyone over the world, yet the VOIP latency makes it near impossible to sustain a connection. There's got to be a way to make it work once the infrastructure improves or something, because I've had VOIP success connecting with people in my own city. Once I venture outside of that, though, it's dropped games galore.
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

grolt wrote:Man, the VOIP incompatibility drives me crazy. It's a Catch 22 - with VOIP you can get some insanely cheap long distance rates, making it possible to finally connect with anyone over the world, yet the VOIP latency makes it near impossible to sustain a connection. There's got to be a way to make it work once the infrastructure improves or something, because I've had VOIP success connecting with people in my own city. Once I venture outside of that, though, it's dropped games galore.
Calls are routed through the internet. Your speed may vary. Therefore, your Saturn isn't happy.