Dreamcast Broadband Adapter

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

lol I'd go with just THE LEAGUE. You know so that every time we go in to battle we can scream FOR THE LEAGUE!
Game collection on my site.
salsays

Post by salsays »

Hey I like that we should go with THE LEAGUE
cuz we are
THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!
JerryTerrifying

Awesome lol! I hope Warp approves too! :D

I'm waiting for Warp to mail me a copy of the enhanced PSO disc. For whatever reason I can't burn a copy that works. I've tried with different computers, 3 different burning programs, 2 different brands of CD-r and a few different downloads of the Enhanced PSO disc and all I ever manage to get is the disc to boot as an audio CD. Crappy luck I guess.

But I've got the Dreamcast BBA and haven't been able to test it out yet as I've had trouble getting a 3.O browser and can't get the PSO disc to work. I'll be really hyped up to finally see a Dreamcast on;ine after 10 years of waiting!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I like it, "The League". :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Awesome I'm glad it works for everyone. :D The League it is! Do you both have Dreamcast Keyboards?
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I got a BBA for my Dreamcast and everything works fine. I can play PSO on schthack, Quake should work too. Have you paid more than 160$? :wink:
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
JerryTerrifying

I got my BBA for $100 shipped :D The only good thing about this "economic down turn" is people selling off their collections. :D Sucks for them, awesome for me! I've added some great stuff to my collection for about %25 cheaper than I would have 2 years ago.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I got my DC BBA for $83. =P

I don't have a DC keyboard, though... I bought the GameCube version of PSO maybe 3 or 4 years ago, along with a keyboard and GC BBA for that, fully expecting to be playing it on the GC. I know the keyboard will plug into several different consoles, but I don't remember the DC being one of them. I'll have to find it.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
salsays

Post by salsays »

They really didn't make an adapter to for GC to DC support.

I got my BBA for $30 back when it was out in 2001, and I also have the keyboard and the mouse.

Warp I was wondering if you can mail me a burned copy of PSO2, when I burn it the game doesn't seem to burn correctly so I'm wondering if you can send me a copy.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It wouldn't be a GC to DC converter... it was a PS/2 keyboard adapter that would let you plug into GameCube and USB and maybe something else. I think it also came with an adapter to plug it into an original Xbox. It was a SharkBoard. One day it fell on the floor and some of the plastic splintered, so it has sharp edges now, but it still works.

I'll have to get myself either a DC keyboard or an adapter.

As for sending you a copy... do you mean the Enhanced version? I'm already doing that for Jerry, and he's reimbursing me for the packaging and shipping costs once it's sent via PayPal. I could do it a second time. I guess just PM me your address and I'll send it out this week.
salsays

Post by salsays »

Ah ok, yeah I never heard of the sharkboard, sorry.

But yeah a DC keyboard is a great investment. You can pick them up cheap off ebay. Idk if the listing is still going but there was one on ebay with the keyboard and mouse for $25 and I think with free shipping. If not try and find the Typing of The Dead bundle, its great to have and the game is awesome.

Yeah the enhanced version sorry and I can reimburse you as well for the shipping and packaging. I'll pm you soon.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I feel so left out as I still dont have my BBA yet. Been looking alot but only willing to go up to 100 :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
salsays

Post by salsays »

@ Derek- Dude I think I can probably find you a reasonably priced BBA. I can let you know in a few days if I did or didn't.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

salsays wrote:@ Derek- Dude I think I can probably find you a reasonably priced BBA. I can let you know in a few days if I did or didn't.
Yes please do. PM me when/if you do. Thanks!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

i wish i had a broadband adapter. :(

i hope you guys get this set up. you've got enough people interested so that makes a full PSO team. :D