Dreamcast Broadband Adapter

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Lol yeah I can't wait to get that disc from Manji to see if I can't get that crap set up. I wouldn't be surprised if the BBA didn't want to work with my router. Always something screwing crap up lol. But here's to hoping!
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

JerryTerrifying wrote:Lol yeah I can't wait to get that disc from Manji to see if I can't get that crap set up.
unfortunately, Manji has nothing do with this one. i think you meant Warp :lol:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:Lol yeah I can't wait to get that disc from Manji to see if I can't get that crap set up.
unfortunately, Manji has nothing do with this one. i think you meant Warp :lol:
I was pretty sure he meant me, but I didn't say anything. :lol:

Yeah, sorry about the delay, guys. I burned them and tested them in my Dreamcast last night. I'll be sending them out tomorrow, as the Post Office was closed for Veterans' Day. Even if it wasn't, I didn't get out of work until after the post office would have been closed, anyway. I think. I'm not sure what their hours are.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
salsays

Post by salsays »

Thanks for sending them out Warp, hopefully soon we can get things running so we can have THE LEAGUE going around and making trouble on pso
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

lol Yeah I meant Warp hahaha.

Anyway that is awesome of you to help us out. I'm just bummed I went through so much hell and wasted like 5 CDRs trying to get it to work. So It'll be nice to get a copy of the game that works....just hoping I don't run into any speedbumbs with the BBA.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:lol Yeah I meant Warp hahaha.

Anyway that is awesome of you to help us out. I'm just bummed I went through so much hell and wasted like 5 CDRs trying to get it to work. So It'll be nice to get a copy of the game that works....just hoping I don't run into any speedbumbs with the BBA.
Just make sure you're able to set it up properly. I'm going to have to burn that third-party browser disc soon in order to set up my BBA.

Anyway, I shipped out the two PSOs today.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Man, I'd definitely be up for this! I was going to just start playing the single player game by myself just to get a feel for how the game would have been like, but it would be awesome to play it with all you guys. I'm just going through the old Phantasy Star games right now to gear up for this. :)

I'm reading conflicting reports about what versions can go online. The Wikipedia entry seems to suggest that v1 of the US PSO can still be used for private servers, but that the v2 cannot because Hunter's License is not supported on private servers. Or something like that. I own both versions of the US game, so if at all possible I'd like to play it without resorting to a burned disc (it just feels more authentic that way). Can it be done?

Is there a guide for connecting online in this day and age? The servers have gone through so much change it seems even since the 2003 shutdown that it's tough to find any pages that are still relevant on the matter. Could dial-up still be used? I suppose I will have to crack down and actually get the BBA though, won't I? :wink:
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Dial-up can still be used, but it's slower and you'd have to use a certain game cheat device to override the game's trying to log into Sega's nonexistent PSO servers.

As I kind of understand it, v1 US will kind of work, but so few people play it now when they can play v2. On top of that, I don't know how many private servers still support v1. v2 US is not compatible with the private servers, because it does a certain Hunter's License check online, or at least tries to. v2 EU is the only v2 that does not have that limitation, which is why it is the preferred choice. You can use an unmodified PSO EU v2 disc, (if you're playing via dial-up, you'll probably still need the game cheat device to reroute to the correct private server) provided your system can play a EU disc.

Burning the enhanced version is very nice, as it contains many bugfixes and enhancements and can be played on most unmodified consoles from other regions of the world by virtue of the fact that it exploits the same weakness that other pirated games did.

Edit: sounds like some of my info can be wrong. Well, here's a page from the private server I've played on. http://www.schtserv.com/connect-psodc.php
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED