Dreamcast Broadband Adapter

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
dbdrummer88

Dreamcast Broadband Adapter

Post by dbdrummer88 »

I just purchased a dreamcast bba (probably spent too much but im not worried about that ;) ) I was wondering if anyone else has one and has maybe used the web browser. I know there are still a few games including quake 3 arena. Anyone out there playing with one?????
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

We have a "What did you buy today" thread... :roll: :lol:

Yes, I have one mint in the box with the original packaging and disc and everything. No, I have not used my Dreamcast to go online yet, and I'm guessing that the previous user didn't, either, as there are no ISP settings stored on there that I'm aware of.

I haven't used my DC to play anything online yet because the only game that I own that still is playable is Phantasy Star Online, and no one here has expressed sufficient interest recently to play it with me. There are three or four other games (Quake III being one of them), that I don't own, but are still playable. Starlancer is one, and then Evo 4x4 racing... and another racing one with a weird name that I can't think of.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I still havent gotten by BBA yet but still looking. Once I do Im all for playing Phantasy Star and Quake III
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I will definitely play Phantasy Star with you but I've been having trouble getting it to work. I've got the BBA but I haven't been online with it yet. You need the version 3 webbrowser for the BBA so I bought one. It came with a huge crack in it...I just sent it back to the seller to ge a replaement. I've also looked for ISOs but can't get one to burn right and work.

I've tried playing PSO but can't get it to work. There's a special altered/enhanced version of the game that you have to burn but I can't get it to burn right and play. I've burnt tons of Dreamcast games and they've mostly worked but from time to time there's some that just won't work. I've used multiple programs, multiple brand discs and no luck. So if someone can burn that special enhanced version of PSO and mail it out to me I'd be more than happy to play PSO. And I can't wait to get my damn 3.0 Browser so I can at least download some jpegs to my VMU for Jet Grind Radio.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm able to burn the enhanced PSO disc. It worked fine on my first try, using a program called BootDreams.

I could use a 3.0 browser, though...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

I had thought that the only way to play PSO is if u already had an account when it came out, am I wrong? Otherwise I will try to get it as soon as I can!!!!
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

dbdrummer88 wrote:I had thought that the only way to play PSO is if u already had an account when it came out, am I wrong? Otherwise I will try to get it as soon as I can!!!!
I don't know if that was true in the past or not, but you can definitely play it without a previous account now.

Now, however, I believe it's not possible to play the US version, even on the hacked server. You need to use either a PAL version or a hacked PAL version. I have a hacked (and upgraded) PAL copy that I downloaded and burned. I own a US Version 2 PSO for Dreamcast that's still sealed in its original packaging as well.
Last edited by Warp2063 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Thats awesome, I guess I will start looking out for a copy :)
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

dbdrummer88 wrote:Thats awesome, I guess I will start looking out for a copy :)
Bump!

I was editing my post when you replied to it, so you may have missed the second half.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

I know that burned games arent bound by region coding, so I can burn a PAL version and then start playing once I get a BBA then?
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

dbdrummer88 wrote:I know that burned games arent bound by region coding, so I can burn a PAL version and then start playing once I get a BBA then?
Mmm... I'm not 100% sure exactly how it works. As I said, I have an enhanced hacked PAL version.

... I know the download link is SOMEWHERE on these forums, but since things aren't often posted in the correct thread/category (doesn't help that some of the categories aren't clearly purposed) and the search tool for this version of phpBB is out of date and not helping, I'm having the hardest time finding it. I have the burnable files on my computer, though...

I wish these forums would be upgraded... and a backup made before the upgrades, just in case.
JJC5150

Post by JJC5150 »

Hi Guys. I just wanted to add, that if you didnt know already, The BBA can ONLY be used with PSO, Quake 3, and the web browser (PWeb 3.0, or xdp), the 4 other online games are dial up only. The web browser works ok, but is quite outdated. Some sites / pages will not load properly due to the browser not being able to use some of the " modern software" required (Flash, etc).
also, if you plan on playing your dc online alot, etc, I wouldn't use copied / burned discs. Ultimately they wear down the laser on your system, causing damage, and in the end will break your dreamcast.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I've used bootdreams to burn a bunch of stuff and it usually works. I've tried two different computers, several programs and downloaded the game a few times. Each time all I get is an audio disc. Super lame. If you don't mind shipping me a copy that works for you I'll pay for shipping :D Shoot me a PM.
Game collection on my site.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Hey, sorry Warp, I know that some upgrades have long been overdue. I'll be working on it soon.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Well i do have an official copy of quake 3, and u say PSO does work? Also I have web2.0 will that still work or will only 3.0 work?
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d