Just a fun photo for Netlink lovers!

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Scooter

Just a fun photo for Netlink lovers!

Post by Scooter »

Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Heh, my Duke Nukem's case is pretty banged up. Nice pic, though. :)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I just got a legit copy of Sega Rally in a bundle on ebay. So now all I'll be missing is Daytona...I can't even find an ISO of it. Lame.

But there's a Daytona USA arcade machine up at the Flea Market so if I really wanted to I could go drop some quarters into that.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I own two legit copies of Sega Rally. Got one for cheap off of eBay and the other in one of those bundles with Virtual On.

Someone once asked me if I'd sell them a copy... but I need the second for testing purposes.

I didn't have too much trouble getting an ISO for Daytona NetLink...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

the picture of Daytona USA Netlink is taunting me :cry:

i hope you play that thing Scooter!
JerryTerrifying

Well I usually go to coolrom.com emuparadise.org for all my Saturn and Dreamcast needs. And googling didn't yield many results when specifically looking for the Netlink version of Daytona USA.
rygod

Post by rygod »

so that version of daytona usa cce above is not the actual netlink box or is it?

i can't find any listings for specifically the netlink edition on ebay. is that why homeboy paid 250? the one i just bought for 13 seems to have the same cover as the one in the pic above.

i notice all of the covers in the pic say "netlink playable" in red surrounding the saturn symbol in the top left except the daytona one.
Indestructible
JerryTerrifying

Yeah that's why it went for so much. Daytona USA is the rarest Netlink game and the hardest to find because there's a million versions of Daytona USA. The only way to tell if its the Netlink version besides the packaging it comes in is by actually sticking it in a Saturn with a Netlink in and seeing if the netlink menu pops up.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yeah... Daytona Netlink is one of at least three different versions of the game, and it's by far the least common, as the only way to get it was to order it directly from Sega. Other than a NetLink manual for Daytona inside the box, there's no other markings to differentiate it from the other versions, so the only way you'll probably find out that it's the Netlink version is if the seller knows what they've got and then advertises that fact... and then it gets attention and goes for quite a sum.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Oh geez there's some misinformation in this thread. Let me set the records straight. It is correct the Daytona USA CCE NetLink is a rare game as it was only available directly from Sega. It is also correct that the entire exterior of the box is exactly like the standard Daytona USA CCE game.

The differences for the NetLink version are that it included a supplemental black and white book for the NetLink features and a unique disk. The disk indeed is labled as a NetLink edition. The book and the disk are pictured here.

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
JerryTerrifying

Well that's good to know that the disc is labeled as the Netlink edition.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Ah, I was not aware that the disc was printed differently, although I knew about the NetLink manual. I'd thought I read that the disc was labeled differently. *shrugs*

Still, that was the only mistake that I know I made...

As for playing Daytona, Scooter and I tried... but his system was acting up and he has FIOS (a digital phone/internet service), so we couldn't connect on any game we tried.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Warp2063 wrote: As for playing Daytona, Scooter and I tried... but his system was acting up and he has FIOS (a digital phone/internet service), so we couldn't connect on any game we tried.
Wasn't me. I haven't played a NL game on line for many years.
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Scooter wrote:
Warp2063 wrote: As for playing Daytona, Scooter and I tried... but his system was acting up and he has FIOS (a digital phone/internet service), so we couldn't connect on any game we tried.
Wasn't me. I haven't played a NL game on line for many years.
Whoops. It was sgrande99 that I was trying to connect to. I think he told me that he owned a copy of each of the NetLink games, and when you posted the picture of the five, I got you two mixed up. Sorry about that.