Can we improve the anti-bot registration filter?

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Can we improve the anti-bot registration filter?

Post by Warp2063 »

There are tons of "new users" that have signed up for this site within the past several weeks. Most of them have only their username or an advertisement link in their signature.

And they post exactly three times. Maybe then they get warned for posting too quickly, can't post again, then stop?

I suspect that they are all bots. Either that or a class of English as a Second Language students who have been assigned to come to our forum, post three comments that they think are relative to the topic at hand, and then never post again.

-Liza Smith
-Yasinthomas

I've done security upgrades on a phpBB forum before, and I'd be willing to do it again, if I was given the chance.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I think that´s a really good idea. Sadly im not good at programming :( I really appreciate your effort. Thanks
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I can't do a thing, though, unless Xranger60 gives me permission and the access to do so.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, I hope he´s going to do that!!
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:Well, I hope he´s going to do that!!
Either him or me; I don't care. As long as it gets done sooner rather than later.