Emulators.

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
TeamAwesome

Emulators.

Post by TeamAwesome »

Sega Saturn Emulators? out there? possible??

will you press
[yes/no]??

if yes was selected... is ONLINE emulation possible??

will you press
[yes/no]

if yes was selected... CAN WE PLAY SOME BOMBERMAN!

...even if not saturn, i wanna try and get some multiplayer bomberman going, on whatever system possible! SNES?
I'm only explaining
the paradox
of
asking a
masked man
who he is... - V
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

Yes there are saturn emulators, but you will need to find the game iso's.

This is the best one.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/sa ... turne.html
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Blue is right, there are actually a few emulators in development like SSF and Saturnin. Some are making really good progress too , but a high end PC is still required to get decent performance out of most.

Still, its cool that the devs are getting there...I mean the Saturn has what? at least 8 processors to emulate?, the fact that they can run commercial games at all is a feat in of itself.

There was a netplay client called Zbattle a while ago (not sure if it's still up as the last post on the homepage is from '05) http://www.zbattle.net/ that lets you play through the ZSNES emu. If you can get it up and running...I found it to be quite stable. Problem is, the usercount on this service wasn't that high, so you might wanna recruit some folks to play with beforehand.

You could also play online through the Genesis emulator GENS using the Kaillera client, but I've found it to be a little laggy often times desynching the action. For example: I remember, one time I tried playing Gunstar Heroes and my partner kept running into a ditch on my screen, while I was shooting at nothing on his But it's totally possible to get a few good games of Mega Bomberman in using it.

_____
Double posted so the above message by 'Guest', could be removed...sorry
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yup, last year I got into the SNES emulation scene again, and was playing NHL '94 against people! The problem with the included online code in the emulators, even the 16 bit ones like SNES and Genesis, is that it's laggy and can get desynched very quickly. Not ideal for long distance net games. Not to mention, like Cidus said, the low user count you find there.

The Saturn emulators are very taxing on your system, and they are only starting to make some progress right now. So that route is possible, but NetPlay is even longer out on the horizon.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
blueshinobi

Post by blueshinobi »

Xranger60 wrote:Yup, last year I got into the SNES emulation scene again, and was playing NHL '94 against people! The problem with the included online code in the emulators, even the 16 bit ones like SNES and Genesis, is that it's laggy and can get desynched very quickly. Not ideal for long distance net games. Not to mention, like Cidus said, the low user count you find there.

The Saturn emulators are very taxing on your system, and they are only starting to make some progress right now. So that route is possible, but NetPlay is even longer out on the horizon.
Hey, if your ever playing NHL '94 on your snes emulator, and i find out how to play people on-line with it, we should have a game. :wink:
SEGA - Now With 20% More SONIC!!