New to net link a few questions

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
maddgopwa1

New to net link a few questions

Post by maddgopwa1 »

Hey im new to this forum and have a few question.
Ive been collecting sega saturn stuff since i was 16 and im now 26 so in that time ive managed to get some cool stuff. Problem here is that i live in Australia so all my games are in pal.
Ive got 3 saturns 2 pal and one jap ntsc ive nearly got a complete pal collection :)
So ive been thinking about where to expand my saturn stuff and i thought well maybe i should try and get some net link stuff. Ive never been one to collect stuff and not use it or play it because thats seems pointless. So my question is this what the hell do i need because i live in Aus.
Do i need to buy another 2 american saturns? and two net links? Cause im gonna give one to a freind for a present (mostly so i can play games with someone local)
Or can i use the saturns ive got and load up american versions of the games with action replay carts and then take the replay cart out and put the net link in.
Im really hopeing i dont need to american saturns just cause the postage on a console to australia is pretty high for one console let alone 2.
If anyone can help me out let us know if not thanks for your time anyway.

P.S anyone on these forums from Australia playing netlink games?
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Pretty sure you shouldn't be hot swapping the carts. I'd say you're safest bet is two American Saturns, two Netlinks and two copies of the Netlink games.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Besides buying US Saturns, you could also perform the swap trick using your Japanese Saturns... or you could install region switches on both. You might have some problems using a PAL Saturn with an NTSC game unless you also do a frequency mod.

Both of you would need to use an analog phone line. Digital telephone just doesn't work.

Welcome to the forums! If you have more questions, I can try to help out. I don't know of any other active Australian members right now, though.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!