wireless / cellphone modem alternative for netlink

All NetLink related discussion goes in here.
Macabre

wireless / cellphone modem alternative for netlink

Post by Macabre »

Hi again guys! I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my custom bomberman saturn system. While compiling parts for a wireless AV cable output I ran accross a fun article about doc cradels for cellphones (the article speaking of the phonelabs doc-n-talk mostly), which warrented more research.

After reading alot I figured this might be a fun trinket to build inside of my custom bomberman console;

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-XLINK-BT-Cell-P ... 2c4fd66675

As I have a sony ericsson as my backup phone, the bluetooth would work for the adapter.

Question although, would this have any sort of lag / delay in the workings of the Saturn Netlink?

Any other ideas or thoughts?

edit; i got another netlink modem so I could keep my nib netlink for my collection. The only thing stopping me from playing some bomberman with you guys is the current lack of something to plug it into. :D

edit #2, also considering a cidco merge doc, and possibly buying a cheep pay-as-you-go sort of motorolla phone just for the use of this, as it would be a more direct connection, instead of going threw cellphone to blue tooth to receiver. I'm going threw the very short list of phones that can be used with this doc (all old motorolas), and trying to figure out which ones can use a sim card (i use at&t, and could use my old pay-as-you-go card in the phone). Would cost next to nothing to keep it active, and would sort of make a pay-to-play service for Saturn Netlink.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Unless you're using an incredibly old cell phone, all cell phones are digital these days. I believe that would produce similar problems to using digital phone services like Vonage, on top of dealing with probable transmission problems of using a cell phone (interference). I imagine that there's more of a delay when dealing with wireless signals as well.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!